my green lynx egg sac

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok on thanksgiving my green lynx laid a egg sac, and has been gaurdin it ever since....its been over 50 days...now just like 2 days ago, she laid another one....well i was wondering if the first one will ever hatch, and i looked it up on wikipedia, and it says the sac will hatch in about 2 weeks....so i wonder if they are just duds....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok still neither of the egg sacs have hatched....should i remove them? or will the stress kill her?

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if she isn't guarding the egg sacs, i suppose it's ok to remove them. leaving them in there will not hurt either. your call. i was lucky to have a WC girl who produced a fertile egg sac, but I have had many spiders produce duds. so it is not uncommon to be disappointed. you're not alone.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
she seems to be halfway gaurding them...i might just take them out, and give her a diff enclosure.....thanks

if she isn't guarding the egg sacs, i suppose it's ok to remove them. leaving them in there will not hurt either. your call. i was lucky to have a WC girl who produced a fertile egg sac, but I have had many spiders produce duds. so it is not uncommon to be disappointed. you're not alone.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Maybe you just need to warm the eggs up a bit. The few times I've hatched these it was more like a month or two of incubation.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
they are staying pretty warm, temp in room is between 80-90, and they are also above some aquariums that have heat mats...i removed 1 egg sac and opened it up and took a egg and squeezed it with my fingernails, and it was just powder inside....must not be fertile..

Maybe you just need to warm the eggs up a bit. The few times I've hatched these it was more like a month or two of incubation.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well extremely sadly, she has passed away...i was getting ready to rehouse her, and noticed she was looking wierd, then next day she was gone...sad...but come september i will be catching every one of these i can, and its hard to tell how old she was...prolly was just her time...