My Grammostola pulchra sling is molting will it be ok?

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
So the title makes me look like an idiot I didn’t know how to word it haha. What I mean is my quarter sized sling hasn’t eaten in weeks and he just blocked off his burrow so now it’s going to be awhile that he’ll be able to eat. Will he be ok going that long without food? He’s a tiny boy

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
Of course. Slings are weird creatures. ( I would not call a sling he\she becuz you cant tell the gender yet...)

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Of course. Slings are weird creatures. ( I would not call a sling he\she becuz you cant tell the gender yet...)
You can call slings whatever you want. I call all of my slings “she” until/if I sex them as male. Call it wishful thinking.
Your sling will have filled up all he needed to molt before putting up the, ”Do not disturb” sign and will open it back up when he’s ready. It’s the size of their abdomen, not the amount of time. :) Just make sure he has water available. I’d also keep a spot of substrate moist near him if he needs water before emerging. (Just don’t flood his burrow).

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Yup let it be and as stated make sure it has water readily available. Then wait…it could be weeks before it comes out. Be patient.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My pulchra sling fasted for 20-25 days before each of her last two molts, and I considered that a beautifully short pre-molt fast given the generally slow growth of the species.

For reference, before her first molt with me, this was the fat-sling situation:
PXL_20221208_171347131.jpg

She molted a week after that photo. I kept her in a sufficiently small enclosure that she didn't have a burrow to barricade, but she did (finally, eventually) refuse food.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So the title makes me look like an idiot I didn’t know how to word it haha. What I mean is my quarter sized sling hasn’t eaten in weeks and he just blocked off his burrow so now it’s going to be awhile that he’ll be able to eat. Will he be ok going that long without food? He’s a tiny boy
Listen- no one can predict the future-it might DIE or LIVE- flip a coin. This is always the case with molting.

And read the billions of posts IDENTICAL to yours by searching.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
I have two large slings/small juveniles who've been chilling in pre-moult since December. Both still fat and perfectly fine despite not having eaten a thing for almost 6 months.

In other words: don't worry lol.