My gorgeous Phrynus whitei female is becoming more comfortable!

nicojustnico

Arachnopeon
She had her first molt with me about… 3? Weeks ago. Recently, she’s been a lot less nervous and a bit more active at night, coming out of her bark and chillin on a piece of wood in front. She’s so pretty, I absolutely adore her.

excited for her to be more comfortable so that she can be handled in the future!
Enjoy my 2 best photos of her! 7F59DEF3-6F8D-4B68-98FA-7597749ED657.jpeg CFAA5CDD-1470-4F51-A9B9-1C37F899399A.jpeg CFAA5CDD-1470-4F51-A9B9-1C37F899399A.jpeg

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
How cute! If I may ask, what is your set up like? And what is the humidity like/what level?

I’m interested in the husbandry of tailless whip scorpions and I want to learn more—if possible, could you take a picture of your full set up? Do you provide a water dish? And how often do you feed/mist?

nicojustnico

Arachnopeon
How cute! If I may ask, what is your set up like? And what is the humidity like/what level?

I’m interested in the husbandry of tailless whip scorpions and I want to learn more—if possible, could you take a picture of your full set up? Do you provide a water dish? And how often do you feed/mist?
I don’t have any photos of her whole set up I don’t think? But lemme check. She’s in about an 8” x 6” x 14” with a fake moss circle hide, coco fiber substrate kept moist, a piece of cork bark tilted so she can hide underneath, and this piece of wood at the front. Mist whenever it looks less damp than I like. She has been seen drinking from the drops of mist on the walls and wood. I feed her about every week (shes still pretty small), anything from crickets to small flying insects. No water dish, I find this species doesn’t use them.
This is the closest I have to her full set up I think 8937F4F4-C07A-41D2-9833-D2D3EFDF5CD7.jpeg

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
Oh we have similar set ups then—though I have never seen mine drink from misting, I still do mist every now and then just in case; I leave a waterdish out just to keep humidity in check.

Mine are large enough to take down medium pinhead crickets and turkish roaches—but I avoid anything larger than their abdomens. 😄
F5929C9B-FA07-4256-B11A-6AC80702C4F5.jpeg

nicojustnico

Arachnopeon
Oh we have similar set ups then—though I have never seen mine drink from misting, I still do mist every now and then just in case; I leave a waterdish out just to keep humidity in check.

Mine are large enough to take down medium pinhead crickets and turkish roaches—but I avoid anything larger than their abdomens. 😄
View attachment 419628
May I ask what the species is specifically, and why you choose to cohab? Are you breeding them?? If so let me know when she’s gravid 😂

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
May I ask what the species is specifically, and why you choose to cohab? Are you breeding them?? If so let me know when she’s gravid 😂
Of course, it was marketed as "Stygophrynus Orientalis", and to answer your question--Yes, I am currently attempting to breed them, I am aware of the risk of cannibalization during molting; However, so far everything has progressed smoothly, I have kept both well fed (Big abdomens) and am keeping tabs on them as to prevent such issues.

nicojustnico

Arachnopeon
Of course, it was marketed as "Stygophrynus Orientalis", and to answer your question--Yes, I am currently attempting to breed them, I am aware of the risk of cannibalization during molting; However, so far everything has progressed smoothly, I have kept both well fed (Big abdomens) and am keeping tabs on them as to prevent such issues.
Ahhhh!!! Let me know when she has those cuties ;)

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Stygophrynus was changes to catageus

BakedTayto

Arachnopeon
I have a very long ways to go of overcoming my childhood trauma with a Daddy long legs before I could go anywhere near one like that. But I am intrigued and happy to see anyone caring for and loving those kind. Do you have an Instagram page I can follow where you show off these guys?

Purplepuffball

Arachnosquire
How big do they grow? They look beautiful.

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
I have a very long ways to go of overcoming my childhood trauma with a Daddy long legs before I could go anywhere near one like that. But I am intrigued and happy to see anyone caring for and loving those kind. Do you have an Instagram page I can follow where you show off these guys?
Hi, BakedTayto. It is good to see you are trying to overcome your fears, I am rooting for you. ^ ^

My Twitter and Instagram should be on my profile, I am not posting on there currently.