My gorgeous molted: B. rudloffi

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
... and guess what, she's female {D, my second one of that species - i guess that's the compensation for all four of my ggbs having turned out male...

she is about 2.5 years old and molted last weekend. now she's about 3-3.5". i swear i've not photoshopped the pics, she really looks like that (ok, used a flash;). but not in the last pic of her)

oh, and because i don't want to make another thread, there are also two pics of my h. coronatus.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Wow she's gorgeous! Now I know what I have to look forward to with my little one!:drool:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
funny thing with this species: they grow at very different rates :?

the female in the picture above at this size still molts every 4 month or so, my other female is now only one or two sheds ahead and takes AGES - she's been in premolt for 4 months now. at what rate does your sling grow? i bought mine es juvies, so i don't know whst to expect from slings.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Mine is growing fairly slow, I bought it last year, Aug 8/06 it was about 1". It moulted October 9/06, then again Feb 21/07. It hasn't moulted since. It is still maybe about 1.5". It's butt is huge now, but not really black, I'm thinking it won't be too much longer though. It's such a cute little thing though!