My golden has blocked itself nto its bark he been there now 9 days will it be molting and for how long I've put in fresh water daily and the odd de

The runningman

Arachnopeon
My golden knee has blocked itself into the bark hide totally sealed off how do I know if its molting and how long will it stay in there. I put in fresh water and the odd dead cricket but its not eating and I don't think it's drinking either this has been day 9

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
You won't know until it emerges, which will happen when it's good and ready. Keep putting in fresh water, and wait.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
yup. Just keep doing what you are doing, if it doesn't eat remove the prey. If it doesn't drink, the water in the bowl adds a bit of humidity through evaporation

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
You've just discovered why a lot of people have more than one tarantula. The others are doing other things whilst the one is blocked off in its hole or hide so you have a variety of behaviour to watch. Tarantulas are creatures that just do things on their own time, which is totally a different time scale than we're used to.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I have tarantulas that I haven't seen in almost a year.

I find some non-burroweres will even hide for months at a time when not even in premolt.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I clicked on this cause I was curious as to what a “golden” was, I was picturing a golden retriever going through a molt cycle :troll: But if it’s a G. pulchripes it’s nothing to worry about, and they can certainly, disappear for much longer than 9 days. Sit back and wait, it’ll show its face when it’s ready, not likely before that . Keep water dish full and enjoy!