My girl wants to get into Tanantulas

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
My little girl almost 7 wants too get into Tanantulas, she wanted me to ask you what is the best Tanantulas to start out owning :).. She was mosting into jumping spiders since she was 4 years old, she owned a few wolf spiders and garden spiders also ..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Brachypelma smithi, Euathlus sp. red/yellow, Grammostola pulchripes/pulchra IMO.
make youre there whenever maintenance is required and during feedings. :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Is there a moral dilemma or something else I'm missing.. Consider yourself blessed that your ankle biter shares the same passion as you and buy her a nice non defensive species like a Brachy.. My son who is now 10 had a B .smithi at the age of four...

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Suggestions above are perfect. And thank you for asking before you buy and not after. Also make sure to read up on this forum (not online care sheets or take pet shop advice) about the setup and care of the species you choose. Good luck!

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
Suggestions above are perfect. And thank you for asking before you buy and not after. Also make sure to read up on this forum (not online care sheets or take pet shop advice) about the setup and care of the species you choose. Good luck!
thank you

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
Is there a moral dilemma or something else I'm missing.. Consider yourself blessed that your ankle biter shares the same passion as you and buy her a nice non defensive species like a Brachy.. My son who is now 10 had a B .smithi at the age of four...
I mostly have true spiders and jumping spiders and all kinds of bugs..

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with @KezyGLA all 3 are great species I'd also add a B albopilosum they tend to be less flicky than most Brachypelma as a general rule

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Euathlus Sp. red (and yellow if you consider both species one and the same): I own two E. Sp. Reds and I can say they are probably the least defensive species out there, although there was a member active on the forum a year ago that had an oddball that was always throwing up the threat display.

Brachypelma Albopilosum: no matter how many dislike them because they are not colorful, this species has the character to make people forget all about the more colorful species in the genus, oh yeah, and the most obvious is the curls. You can't go wrong with one of these as they too are mellow and they have a better appetite than the E. Sp. Red.

E. Campestratus: I can't say much about them because I do not own one, but from what I hear they are easy to keep and mellow.

These are three that would be excellent for a very young beginner.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If you get Euathlus sp. yellow expect it to stay small.. no more than 2.5".. thats why I think is great starter if you can find them... Though, every T. cyaneolum I have kept has been as gentle as gentle can be... Which I would usually never say about any Theraphosidae haaha

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
E.campestratus gets another vote from me, as well as E.sp.Red. B.albopilosum is another good option. The video EulersK showed is one of a very cool series about tarantula care/maintenance and feeding, be sure to let your daughter watch it :)

And welcome your daughter into the hobby from me! :)