My gigas are mating!!

kjgalaxy

Arachnosquire
My black Archispirostreptus gigas are mating--sperm ball and all! What can I do to ensure the best survival chances of the babies if there are babies? I'm thinking sprinkling fish food on the surface? I have fermented wood mixed into the soil, and some oak leaves. And some soil I bought from Bugs in Cyberspace for millies. I am so hopeful they produce young I want to do everything possible to make sure the babies survive if they happen. Any advice? I've only had them for about tenth months so I'm still pretty new to the millipede world.
Temp is kept about 76 F, good humidity. I feed Gecko fruit smoothies to them, the papaya and banana mix, and cucumbers, greens, oranges, sometimes carrots, and some ground up calcium (the bird stone thing) I sprinkle in every 6 months. With babies should I sprinkle in some extra?
I am soooo excited! But Help! Lol.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats! Just keep things as they are for the plings, maybe adding a bit more leaf litter and dead wood. If you want to add fish food, you'll probably want to put it in a dish so it's easy to clean because fish food tends to mold very very quickly if not eaten right away. A little extra calcium can't hurt anything if you want to add that too.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
All the above and patience! They can mate without producing eggs. Also it is a long time between mating, egg laying, Protonymph and 1st instar. Like 3 months! More leaves and no digging!

Congrats!