My GBB only eats superworms

Hafi

Arachnopeon
Ever since i got my C. cyaenopubescens female, she only ate superworms. Over the past couple of weeks i have tried to give her dubias and crickets, but she does not seem interested in them anymore ( i say anymore, because the breeder i got her from only fed her crickets). Everytime i try to give her something else, she seems interested at first, approaches the insect, notices it has legs, and then retreats. Last week she actually got spooked out of her web because a dubia was on it. When i put the dubia on her web, she didn't notice at first because the dubia played dead, so i left it overnight. Next day the dubia moved about 2 cm in total but the GBB was on the other side of her enclosure. Obviously i removed it then. This week. i had a superworm turn into a beetle. I actually noticed it the morning after this happened. While the beettle was still white and soft, i put it in her web, she approached, noticed it having legs, and retreated again. She isn't in premolt because as soon as i give her a superworm instead, she goes and eats it. I actually like that, because i find the superworms really easy to feed, but i still wanted to share. Do any of your T's have only one Insect that they will eat?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not for me

Don’t let your T train you- they will eat when hungry ultimately ;)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My B. hamorii won't touch a cricket. I don't have a lot of other options besides crickets and mealworms so she gets mealworms and seems satisfied with that. I'm sure I could try her on hornworms or waxworms.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I have a couple of T’s like this. Will only eat certain feeders.

Hafi

Arachnopeon
Not for me

Don’t let your T train you- they will eat when hungry ultimately ;)
From my research it seems fine for T's to only eat superworms or is that wrong?(I did see one article that stated that they cause calcium overload on T's but since i didn't find anything like that on arachnoboards i'm guessing that's just one of those weird half-truths/misinformation) Because again, i really enjoy her only eating superworms because withh her, they're the least annoying for me to feed aswell, since i can just drop them next to her on her web and they don't immediately jump off of it or play dead. I know that they're high on fat, but again it seems like there isn't any proof for that affecting T's because we don't know yet how much protein/fat etc. they need. The only reason i even tried the others was because i wanted to give her a varied diet. But if she doesn't want other things, i'm very happy with that :D

My B. hamorii won't touch a cricket. I don't have a lot of other options besides crickets and mealworms so she gets mealworms and seems satisfied with that. I'm sure I could try her on hornworms or waxworms.
I thought about trying mealworms, since i have loads of them. But they're just so small. It feels like i would have to give her like 10 of my mealworms to get her a meal as big as one of those superworms^^. She's not adult yet, but she's already pretty big.

You can try locusts. Least annoying food item ever in a webbed-up gbb enclosure.
bigger crickets? hell no! Crickets give me anxiety already, i don't think i can handle even bigger versions of them :rofl:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Won't eat and like to eat are different.
My kids "won't" eat beets until i tell them that I'll reheat them for breakfast.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I feed mine a variety, but none of them reject a single food type outright so far. I stick with mealworms and superworms as a staple and try to mix it up with dubias and crickets once a month.

The only trouble I've had is trying to feed dubias to my arboreals. Unless I put the dubias directly into their web or tong feed them, my arboreals do not care about dubias because they don't realize they're there.

maddog1219

Arachnosquire
I have gotton T's that are on crickets and transitioned them to dubia roaches. They normally don't wat them at first but as soon as they get hungry enough they have no prblem eating them