My GBB just had a very bad molt, please help!!

Jakob Lindgren

Arachnopeon
Hello arachnoboards my greenbottle blue sling just had a very bad molt. Yesterday I saw it sitting in a quite strange position. It had its 2 front legs a bit curled up and its backleg in the air, But I just thought that It would molt since it didn't really look like a deathcurl. When I got home today I saw it sitting in the exact same position so I got worried and touched it, I didn't get a single response so I decided to put it on It's back to see if it would start molting. And I was correct, It started molting but unfortunately It lost one of its legs... And on the old the molt there were some white looking liquid. I know that tarantulas can survive without plenty of legs but this worries me alot, any help please? :(

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Did it complete the molt? A missing leg is not a problem, they can self-amputate in case of emergency. Does it leak fluid anywhere on the spider? Some fluid on the molt is normal. Can you post a picture of the spider and enclosure?
Edit: whatever you do, don't touch the spider. It will be too soft to handle

Jakob Lindgren

Arachnopeon
Your spider looks fine to me. That translucency is normal right after a molt. The leg probably came off when it moved and was stuck in the old exo.
Make sure the waterdish is full and leave it be to rest and harden up.
My Gbb gave me a scare too this week, but it turned out alright:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/c-cyaneopubescens-gbb-bad-molt.290683/
Thanks for all the fast replies, I feel more calm now compared to earlier haha. Just sexed it and it appeared to be a male rip, lets hope that the other sling will be a female then;)

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Yep the first several molts are very stressful on most owners. It looks crazy, painful, weird etc. in the end though its just what they do, and it usually (but not always) comes out just fine!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for all the fast replies, I feel more calm now compared to earlier haha. Just sexed it and it appeared to be a male rip, lets hope that the other sling will be a female then;)
Good that you feel better :)
Males from the same sac as the females often mature before the females are ready. But this species is very much in demand for breeding loans, or to sell to someone with a mature female. So males from this species are also a good addition :)