My GBB always seals up her hide?

Eira007

Arachnopeon
First I thought the hide is too small for her, so I put in a bigger one, but she sealed that up as well! She never hides, always out in the open, and doesn't really bolt away. Is something wrong with her or her enclosure? She also doesn't web as much as she used to.

Eira007

Arachnopeon
she probably is in premolt, because she refuses to eat, but this seal up the hide habit has been going on for months, she even molted since then.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Eh, spider gonna spider. My GBB always hid when I got her (not in the hide I provided mind you) but after she moulted a few months ago she's always out in the open. Sometimes they just won't do what you expect. Do you have any photos of her enclosure? I'm curious to see her handiwork.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
First I thought the hide is too small for her, so I put in a bigger one, but she sealed that up as well! She never hides, always out in the open, and doesn't really bolt away. Is something wrong with her or her enclosure? She also doesn't web as much as she used to.
A couple people here have suspected premolt and I’m a firm believer as well, that’s your spiders “do not disturb” sign

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
A couple people here have suspected premolt and I’m a firm believer as well, that’s your spiders “do not disturb” sign
I think OP means that the spider seals up the hide without being in it. At least that's how I understood it.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Try to lean a cork bark in an angle and decorate with plants and twigs. I set up mine semi arboreally with a piece of mangrove wood and she decided to web up the top part of the wood.

Eira007

Arachnopeon
Well there's not much to see, I rehoused her with a bigger hide like 3 days ago. The enclosure might be a bit small, but I'm just waiting for her to molt before I give her a huge upgrade.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Mine did that for a few months, then came out for a couple of months and ate, then went back for a couple of months and then came out shiny and new. Then stayed out in the open all the time.

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Mine had never gone near the hide I put in there except to use it as a webbing point. :rolleyes:

Last one it's ever going to see. LOL. I can take a hint.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
My GBB typically seals herself in when it is molting time. I just leaver her be