My G.Rosea (Rosaleen) setup

Alireza

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Hi All!
Finally I gathered a set up for my T, Rosaleen. it is a Faunarium and it's 460 x 300 x 170 mm:

I put a mixture of peat moss and coco peat as substrate with 10-12 cm depth, a shallow drinking dish in the corner and some decorations, including some artificial plant, a log and a rock, and a vase as a hiding spot.You can see a thermometer in the picture too.
any ideas?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't keep the rock myself, or the thermometer. The rock, because on the off chance it climbs and falls, a rock is harder than the substrate. The thermometer, because it should be fine in the temps of your home.

Otherwise, that looks like a great enclosure!

Alireza

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks!
I dont why she doesn't take a look around at her new enclosure! She didn't even check the hiding place! she just went to a corner and sit there :(

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It will take awhile for a tarantula to become settled in to a new enclosure, so don't fret that it is staying in one place. It should settle in a couple of weeks, but tarantulas aren't known for roaming constantly unless they are a M(ature)M(ale). There is a reason that they are sometimes called pet rocks. It will most likely move around and check things out while things are dark, just to spite you. ;)