My G.pulchra molted D:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For the first time in 4 years :eek:
And its still only about 2" haha!Talk about slow growing eh?
Its last molt was on 7-26-2006

The little guy is finally starting to look like a pulchra now tho!

Makes me wonder what there growth speed is like in the wild?
-Chris

Lumberguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jeeze! My girlfriend and I both have pulchras, I'd say for a year or less, and while they aren't really Fast growers, they have both done their fair share of molting. I'd say mine is just shy of 2", and my GF's is about 1.5"

Both eat well - maybe you need to feed yours more? :? Anyhow, they are a beautiful species and I can't wait for ours to get rather large. What's the average legspan on adult pulchras? around 6", or is that for females mostly?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow thats crazy!!! Mine took 9 months to grow from 1" to 4.5".

You must keep them cool and limited on food. Congrats on the molt though.

and while they aren't really Fast growers,

I really don't understand why they carry this reputation.

My G. pulchra's molt record.

Received 09-01-09 1"
Molted 09-07-09
Molted 10-10-09 Sexed Female with Microscope
Molted 11-14-09
Molted 12-29-09
Molted 05-9-10
Molted 06-25-10

GPulchra

Arachnoknight

Why limited on food?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, SLOW growth! I was worried because my Pulchra experiences temps 75-80 F* and feed him/her once every 2-4 days depending on the size of the cricket.
Good temps. You have nothing to worry about. Mine experience temps up to 90+ California is getting real hot{D

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
+1. Especially here in LA. But we have air conditioning :) .
I have central Air but my T room is setup to get that hot on purpose! And I give my slings Endless buffets of food.

When they are large, I slow down the feedings but temps stay up.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I have central Air but my T room is setup to get that hot on purpose! And I give my slings Endless buffets of food.

I think I'm overfeeding my T, though. First off, our temps are normally around 78, 83 was the highest our indoor temperatures ever got. I feed my T crickets about the size of his/her body span every two (and a couple of times, three) days. One time, I fed it a REALLY big cricket, so I didn't feed it for another four days.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

+1 My tactics exactly :cool:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah when I first got this spider I didn't heavily feed at all.I think once it had a fat abdomen I pretty much fed it every once in a while hehe!I'm happy it finally is starting to look a lil bit more like a pulchra now tho :D
-Chris

The Dude

Arachnopeon
I keep lights on my spiders for about 14 hrs a day (same as my plants) and I have noticed that every few months if I just don't turn their lights on for a couple or a few days that almost all of them will molt. Even my pulchra.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

My G. pulchra's molt record.

Received 09-01-09 1"
Molted 09-07-09
Molted 10-10-09 Sexed Female with Microscope
Molted 11-14-09
Molted 12-29-09
Molted 05-9-10
Molted 06-25-10
+ 1 on this and the rest of your posts in this thread. My largest male was also at 4.5" at 9 months . However, he's been at that exact size since last molt which was 5-07-10. If anything, it appears that he's shrank a little- merely a product of the legs looking narrower as usual the farther away from postmolt they get. I'm keeping him a little cooler but not much. :)

Terry

jeryst

Arachnopeon
Oh, SLOW growth! I was worried because my Pulchra experiences temps 75-80 F* and feed him/her once every 2-4 days depending on the size of the cricket.
Why do you feed so little? I alway put in several crickets, and mine eats them when she feels like it, but usually she goes through several each day.

Personally, I dont think you are feeding it enough.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Syndicate, Btw, awesome little pulchra you got there! One things for certain- It'll be with you forever.......well, almost. :) Terry