My first time !!

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First time I've been haired in my short span of T keeping :(
Just thought I'd share. It was Brad the smithi, who has just turned his neat little house and water bowl upside down. Hmmm, whats up with men and keeping the house tidy ?? ;P

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Itches huh?
Well, That's okay. Everybody needs to experience it. :p

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehe wait till a T. blondi or something like that gets you.

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I've had my T's for a year now and just a month ago I finally got haired. And boy did it SUCK! Of course it had to be my LP. My arms itched all day at work. Anyways, it's a good learning experience. Now I know I will NEVER get a T. blondi or any other T from that genus.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha I had T's for a couple years, but it wasnt until a few months back that my T. sp "burgundy" got really agitated and let those hairs fly. My arms itched for 5 days man, 3 of them were pretty crappy, the last 2 weren't to bad.

Forgot to mention they got up my nose, and in my eyes, and let me tell you, U hairs up your nose SUX!!!!

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've only had my 1" A. hentzi sling flick at me, cause you know it works so well at the size :rolleyes: :D

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
never

i have had a rose hair tarantula for more than three years now i havent seen it kick hairs, however one time i was handling it and when i put her awaymy hands started to itch

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I get hairs kicked at me all the time from my B.smithi. Never has bitten me and will let me handle her but every time I got to give her water Hairs fly! I also recently got A B.Emelia who Kicked hairs as I was rehoming her and my B.Albo male likes to kick when I open his tank.

I dont mind the hair though. I get a little itchy but most of the time it will create little (pinhead size) blisters that, after a day or so , go away and I just get dry skin in those spots. Also I never get itchy anywere other than my hands. I am an artist tho so my hands can tolerate alot of abuse :}

Mara

Arachnopeon
I got haired my first day as a T owner, and a few more times, by my B. albiceps. The hairs doesn't bother me much, I guess I'm lucky...
I also had one of my rosie slings kick hairs at me once, not that it's very effective at that size :rolleyes:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Danja, You never mentioned whether it itched or not? {D Hope it wasn't too bad.

Theraphosa sp "burgundy" hairs did not bother me much. B boehmei and A geniculata much worse- still not terribly. My two cents. :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got haired by my 7" LP a month or so ago.... I was wearing a tank top :barf:

I had to rip off my shirt and hop in the shower and scrub scrub scrub.... Itched for days anyway. Yuck. :(

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations, you wanna buy a B.boehmei....

They're fun..... lol

{D

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I get hairs kicked at me all the time from my B.smithi. Never has bitten me and will let me handle her but every time I got to give her water Hairs fly! I also recently got A B.Emelia who Kicked hairs as I was rehoming her and my B.Albo male likes to kick when I open his tank.

I dont mind the hair though. I get a little itchy but most of the time it will create little (pinhead size) blisters that, after a day or so , go away and I just get dry skin in those spots. Also I never get itchy anywere other than my hands. I am an artist tho so my hands can tolerate alot of abuse :}
Yeah, this morning I have also got those little blisters - but no more itch !

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations, you wanna buy a B.boehmei....

They're fun..... lol

{D
I had no reaction to hairs for 5 years. I suspected I must be immune. Then, I got an adult female B. boehmei in July and had my first sleepless night on account of a spider. Good times.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Theraphosa sp "burgundy" hairs did not bother me much. B boehmei and A geniculata much worse- still not terribly. My two cents. :D
The strange part is that no other T in my collection bothers me with their U hairs, only my T. sp "burgundy". Just about every T in my collection that can kick, has kicked, and I have never felt it until I got him.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I remember when my first T did that to me lol it was pretty awful lol. It itched for hours