My first tarantula mating [video]

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I would like to share with you my first time experience with mating two tarantulas. Brachypelma albopilosum isn't the most exciting species out there but since it's a first time it is special! :D

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
I would like to share with you my first time experience with mating two tarantulas. Brachypelma albopilosum isn't the most exciting species out there but since it's a first time it is special! :D

Awesome video! Liked and subscribed :D

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
How was the food? Sure looks yummy!

Looks like things went pretty well. As someone who is thinkig about trying for the first time, you seem to make it look too easy!

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Great video!!.I was watching,and found myself biting my knuckle.Do you think you were taking a risk by using
such a small enclosure?.But worked out good.After he did his duty,it was funny to watch him getting the heck outa there:D.

petkokc

Arachnosquire
How was the food? Sure looks yummy!

Looks like things went pretty well. As someone who is thinkig about trying for the first time, you seem to make it look too easy!
Pizza was great :p
Well they are an easy to breed species and the female was into it :D

Great video!!.I was watching,and found myself biting my knuckle.Do you think you were taking a risk by using
such a small enclosure?.But worked out good.After he did his duty,it was funny to watch him getting the heck outa there:D.
Yeah, I said it in the video, lack of space made him harder to maneuver around the female and his escape was more tricky...but luckily all turned out all right!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great video..Pizza and Ts! Nice Manfrotto! Nothing but one of the best!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But it is one of the cheaper models :p
That's OK! They generally make good quality stuff. What's the model number for your vid camera. I know you've had it a while, but I wanted to look it up. You always produce such clear videos compared to others.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
awesome video! it just gave me courage to try breeding on my own.. I was for the most part happy with just keeping them, but now with a few males that will mature soon, I guess I'll try :) P. regalis will be my first attempt :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Wow, that female was ready!
One thing I wondered though, should the male not have been loading his palps before mating? (I have no knowledge about mating, sorry if it is a dumb question)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Panasonic HC-X920, I am really satisfied with it, especially since I bought it used for half of its original price xD
I remember that you bought it used, but I just could not remember the model, NOR which post I asked you previously hah.

In the USA it goes for $1,000 retail, often for 650 on sale here.

I read a few reviews and it gets very good ratings. It uses larger chips than typical video cameras, giving you better image quality. Also in this model there are 3 chips, one capturing Red, Green and Blue.

About the only 2 things reviewers gripe about is there's no onboard video storage and the zoom isn't as high as other models. But the models w/higher zoom get rated less generally.

You really made out.

Last edited:

petkokc

Arachnosquire
@viper69 Hehe, I did my research. Smaller zoom is the result of having bigger sensor, but it is a trade off I gladly take. 12x is still good enough.

@ledzeppelin Good luck, make sure to report it here ^^

@Andrea82 Yeah, he needs to make a sperm web first to load his bulbs on his pedipalps. I think that emboli is correct term.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrat's, nicely done. I actually really like B. albopilosum, it was my very first tarantula!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 Hehe, I did my research. Smaller zoom is the result of having bigger sensor, but it is a trade off I gladly take. 12x is still good enough.

@ledzeppelin Good luck, make sure to report it here ^^

@Andrea82 Yeah, he needs to make a sperm web first to load his bulbs on his pedipalps. I think that emboli is correct term.

I'd take a bigger sensor over more zoom any day too all things being equal. It's a great video camera no doubt. Good to know the zoom is enough, as I'll get one in the future.