My first T

procyonloser

Arachnopeon
I'm a bit nervous because I feel like I jumped a few steps ahead of where maybe I should have started, but I've wanted an h. chilense (chilensis) for years now, and finally got my sling
I had a bunch of little enclosures of different sizes made up, but it's small enough I ended up using a vial with lid ventilation. I was hoping for cross ventilation, but it seems to be content in this for now. It was calm throughout the entire unpacking process.
Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to find a breeder with a mature female/male to pair with mine, whichever way it develops.

I do already want more though, I see the curse is real.
sms64s.jpg

procyonloser

Arachnopeon
I had a deli cup made up for it but it seemed to be too large for the sling, and I couldn't find a more adequately sized one on short notice, but I'll be looking for one that'll work better

cold blood

Staff member
I had a deli cup made up for it but it seemed to be too large for the sling, and I couldn't find a more adequately sized one on short notice, but I'll be looking for one that'll work better
you want a condiment cup, not a dlei cup.....anythng 1-3oz

procyonloser

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the confusion, they're the same terminology/thing where I am, it was about a 3oz or so condiment cup that seemed too large for the roughly 1/4 sling. I'll be looking for a smaller size to move it into 20230531_101612.jpg

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Cross ventilation is always a good thing but it's not required for your sp to my knowledge especially at this size. Slings need more humidity as they lack a waxy cuticle.

I keep slings of this size in a vial that's about 2.5 inches in diameter and 4 inches high.