My first T

Chuckyegg

Arachnopeon
Grammostola rosea I was promised. Bit porteri looking in real life. I'm not so sure now. What do you think ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the world of T's! Get ready to freak out over any small thing your T does xD believe me, ive been there. I think she/he looks like a G rosea bc i own one and they look almost the same so I believe you got what you paid for, but do something and use a flashlight and shine it on the caparace, do you see any pink or salmon coloration? A picture would help

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Even experienced keepers/breeders sometime have difficulty to id a G.rosea properly.
What I do see, is that you have a mesh lid on wat probably is an exo terra enclosure, and a T climbing in it. Mesh screens can jeopardize your T, it can lose legs because its tarsal claws can get stuck in it, and a T is capable of chewing through it. How much space is there between the lid and the substrate? Can you post a pic of your setup?

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Even experienced keepers/breeders sometime have difficulty to id a G.rosea properly.
What I do see, is that you have a mesh lid on wat probably is an exo terra enclosure, and a T climbing in it. Mesh screens can jeopardize your T, it can lose legs because its tarsal claws can get stuck in it, and a T is capable of chewing through it. How much space is there between the lid and the substrate? Can you post a pic of your setup?
Totally agree, mesh screens are not good. A pic of your T (caparace) and a pic of the set up would be good

Chuckyegg

Arachnopeon
Ok. I'll sort a picture soon. Would an acrylic sheet be a good idea with some holes drilled along a length. Don't suppose it would need to be to thick either ? The distance is probably a little to large from top to substrate, about 3 leg spans distance?

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Ok. I'll sort a picture soon. Would an acrylic sheet be a good idea with some holes drilled along a length. Don't suppose it would need to be to thick either ? The distance is probably a little to large from top to substrate, about 3 leg spans distance?
Between acrylic sheet and mesh screen, thousand times acrylic. Maybe you wanna put more sybstrate in, you dont qant your baby to fall anf die just by a couple of inches

creepa

Arachnoknight
Dont stress to much on the mesh lid..., in the wild tatantula's stick there tarsal claws in even smaller holes and there still here after hundreds of million years...