My first T is here and this one is ALIVE

MKG

Arachnopeon
My very first T arrived DOA. Today I got the replacement and he has molted 4 times and is double the size of the first one. I put him in a dark place that is quiet and he has water. Now I just leave him be correct? He's so adorable! I'm somewhat nervous around him. Giving him respect for sure. I will never handle him but I'm sure I will be more comfortable as time goes on. ~ Missy

Attachments

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Wait, 4 times? And if he's double the size of the first one, is his legspan 4 inches?
Also, HE'S BEAUTIFUL!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It usually takes them a couple of days to settle in, so you just need to be patient. The important thing is access to water and a hide.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I have two b smithis that are both smaller than yours. The bigger one has his adult coloring and is really neat looking. Great first tarantula :)

aphono

Arachnobaron
Congrats! Got mine about 4 wks ago- 4 little itty slings and one juvenile.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
My very first T arrived DOA. Today I got the replacement and he has molted 4 times and is double the size of the first one. I put him in a dark place that is quiet and he has water. Now I just leave him be correct? He's so adorable! I'm somewhat nervous around him. Giving him respect for sure. I will never handle him but I'm sure I will be more comfortable as time goes on. ~ Missy
Yes, let him settle for a bit. Congrats on your T! Looks curious already, looks like it's a B. smithi? I hear they make great starter T's! I'm excited for you and your new pet! Very very adorable darling you've got there!

MKG

Arachnopeon
Yes, let him settle for a bit. Congrats on your T! Looks curious already, looks like it's a B. smithi? I hear they make great starter T's! I'm excited for you and your new pet! Very very adorable darling you've got there!
Yes, he is a B. Smithi :) Well...he's a probable male. Thank you! I think he's just awesome.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Yes, he is a B. Smithi :) Well...he's a probable male. Thank you! I think he's just awesome.
He is very awesome! I was looking for a B. Smithi but the female I wanted was in another castle. So waiting I must do. :D Annnnd in the meantime I got me a A. chalcodes to keep me occupied. This hobby is addicting always wanting more. Fair warning ;)

MKG

Arachnopeon
He is very awesome! I was looking for a B. Smithi but the female I wanted was in another castle. So waiting I must do. :D Annnnd in the meantime I got me a A. chalcodes to keep me occupied. This hobby is addicting always wanting more. Fair warning ;)
Hahaha...yes, already thinking what my next one could be. I want to get more comfortable with this one first though.