My first sac!!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well i bred a couple C. fasciatum with a male that i recieved. The first female i let the male live with her for a very long period of time, and just occasionally checked on them and he did fine with her, she never tried to attack him or anything they just peacefully lived together. Then i had this bright idea of mating him with another one of my females, she tore him a new one and when it was all said and done he lost a lot of legs. I put him in a separate container and he died. The 2nd female i know for a FACT was not a success. However.... the first female has been closed off in her coconut hide for quite some time now, and when i pushed away the web low and behold shes guarding an egg sac :D.

I really didnt think i would be successful at even getting a sac so i payed little attention to her. Now i have to guess at how long the sac has been there, and im even thinking about just leaving it be and let it hatch out inside the cage with her. Im not sure on that yet. I do know that its more than likely at least 10 days old, so in a few more days just to be safe i may take it out and manually incubate it. What do you all think would be best?? Even if the sac doesnt hatch i have more confidence for next time and plan on paying better attention to things.
-Nate

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome Nate!

Good Luck with her, and all the little beasties!!!!!!!!

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've never looked much into the C fasciatum, but don't they produce a rather large number of eggs?

dan

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
aw yes... the last one i opened was 433