My first Rep show=my first OW T's!

LordPofas

Arachnopeon
So I went to my first reptile show yesterday in Hamburg PA, being a newbie in the hobby, and I picked up a few more T's! I came home with a 2" OBT, 4-5" Female H. Lividum, a 3-4" P. Perdensi, and much needed 24" tongs ha! I now truly realize the difference between OW and NW when it comes to speed and overall alertness. I thought my N. Chromatus was skittish jeeze! Re-homing these 3 were a rush to say the least considering I'm an "ex" arachnophobe and only owning T's for about 3 months (5 NWs). Overall, my first rep show was a great experience and will be the first of many! Any advice and tips regarding keeping my new OWs would be greatly appreciated, I have done extensive research but it is good to learn from people that have first hand experience. thanks!

creepa

Arachnoknight
The only advise i can give is:

never let your guard down with ow spiders while cleaning there enclosure, there as fast as hell and they will try to kill you when provoked:evil:

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All I can say from experience is to take extra caution with the OBTs speed,and even more caution with the H.Liv's defensiveness.My 6" female would instantly go to threat posture when the KK was opened,and then she would not go back to what she was doing for about an hour.She tore a little of the rubber off of my rubbercoated tongs while I was reaching in to get her waterdish to refill...and interesting experience to say the least.Makes me wonder what she could've done to my hand:eek::barf::eek::?

Congrats on the new pickups,and to your first reptile show.Be very careful,as they can run you broke very fast:embarrassed: I've spent over $300 at a show in under an hour:eek:

+1 to above post

LordPofas

Arachnopeon
Haha yeah gettin bitten is definately on my NOT to do list. I fed them today for the first time. The obt put on a great show, almost looked like break dancing, the way he reared up so far back. The H. Lividum just let the cricket walk all overher and didn't even flinch...hmm:?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
welcome to world of threat posture... and pit holes, nice catches though! Get some pics! :clap:

Advice: keep your fingers away and use long thongs lol

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The show was fun. I ended up with a H. lividum too, a T. ockerti, and a A. metallica. Which vendor did you get them from?

LordPofas

Arachnopeon
I got the H. Lividum and OBT from Tarantula Inc and the P. Pederseni from Eight Legs Plus.[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where in the world was eight legs plus? I knew they were on the vendors list but couldn't find them when I looked. Wanted to compare their selection with tarantula inc.

Also, welcome to the world of ow ts lol. I'm sure you'll have fun with them all. I have 3 obts(4 if you include my tattoo :p) and they are one of my favorite

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Where in the world was eight legs plus? I knew they were on the vendors list but couldn't find them when I looked. Wanted to compare their selection with tarantula inc.

Also, welcome to the world of ow ts lol. I'm sure you'll have fun with them all. I have 3 obts(4 if you include my tattoo :p) and they are one of my favorite
OW = OWWW! lol

LordPofas

Arachnopeon

They were about 20ft away from Tarantula Inc. I caught them on my way out, almost missed them.

That's funny you mention the tattoo, I tattooed my N. Chromatus on my leg a few months back haha