My first Pokie arrived today

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's my beautiful girl "India" - Poecilotheria regalis.
She's 2 1/2 years old.

Into the new home we go ...

Sitting pretty

And to think, a month ago I said I wouldn't get a Pokie :?:eek:

Dave K

Arachnopeon
Very Beautiful

India is indeed beautiful! You have missed the joy of her two and a half years of growing into that beauty. I'm sure you'll enjoy that with your next T.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Congrats. That is a great looking regalis. Of all my Pokies, the regalis is my favorite (well I am getting quite fond of my P. miranda). Good luck with her. Its too bad you didnt watch her grow up to that size. They grow so fast.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
see i like pokies but honestly till i get a T room where i can make sure humidity will always be pretty high iam not gonna be picking up one of these or an avic for that matter. but pretty son when my stap dad moves out theres these shelves ima put a piece of plexiglass infront of and start getting some of them guys that need higher temps. so for now ill stick to the hardy ones :D

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, she belonged to a friend who has sold/given away his collection. He suffers badly from the effects of U-hairs - especially brachys. He wants to concentrate on geckos and chameleons now.

I am considering a versicolour, an irminia and a pulcher - these are small so I'd get the opportunity to watch them grow up :)

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats!!! What a beautiful P. regalis u got!!!!!!
Great addition, oh btw Poec's are Amazing!!!

Peace!!!

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was never going to get a Pokie either. But look at that beauty, how can you not? And you make such nice enclosures, too. I hope you enjoy her.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Did he breed her?? is she gravid??

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! Apperently I saw the pictures thread first instead of this one. :D I will agree with rob, her abdomen is a bit big!:)

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not that I know of. My friend gave it to another guy for a few months, now its mine :)

I'll have to ask :razz:

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow, she's beautiful! :D

can't wait until my little regalis sling gets that big... *sigh*

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
see i like pokies but honestly till i get a T room where i can make sure humidity will always be pretty high iam not gonna be picking up one of these or an avic for that matter. but pretty son when my stap dad moves out theres these shelves ima put a piece of plexiglass infront of and start getting some of them guys that need higher temps. so for now ill stick to the hardy ones :D
They don't need the high heat and high humidity that everyone thinks. I have a ton of poec and they all sit in my living room on a couple of shelves. They all sit at room temp. For humidity, I mist a lot during the winter as I am in the midwest and it gets super dry! But during the summers, my temps are mid 70's and I just overfill the waterdish a bit into the substrate and they do just fine!

I paired my P.subfusca in my bathroom, gravid in my living room and dropped an eggsac in my bedroom closet next to my hanging suits! :)

Last edited:

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
They don't need the high heat and high humidity that everyone thinks. I have a ton of poec and they all sit in my living room on a couple of shelves. They all sit at room temp. For humidity, I mist a lot during the winter as I am in the midwest and it gets super dry! But during the summers, my temps are mid 70's and I just overfill the waterdish a bit into the substrate and they do just fine!

I paired my P.subfusca in my bathroom, gravid in my living room and dropped an eggsac in my bedroom closet next to my hanging suits! :)
no thats understand able but we like our house artic i kid you not its nothing for us to wake up and me yawn and see my breath haha.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They don't need the high heat and high humidity that everyone thinks.
Agreed! Mine do just fine in the low 70's with 40% humidity. I mist once a week and occasionally flood the substrate. Currently have 3 gravid females :D

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha look at rob all worried someone else moving in on his pokie selling territory {D
*bursts out laughing* {D

What a beautiful girl. I can hardly wait for my two little ones to get big. They don't eat in front of me. :rolleyes:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Danja, Congrats on that 5 a.m. pckg. She's beautiful! Only IF we could get such promptness from ups. Oh, that's right. You're half way across the world! :)

Terry