My first pede,s

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have just started keeping these,but have 30 Tarantulas in my collection and i thought id try something new!any advice or tips much appreciated?Heres some pictures..

First the set up for the communal red heads 3 different colour forms being kept here..

and now the hong kong Giant...
:D :)

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
AWSOME !!!!! very Awsome :eek:
those communal set-ups are just Freaking cool !!!!
i'm feeling really really jalous :}

let me guess,... :?

you ordered from cottonsheep :D

in case you didn't know,... i'm jalous ;)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice pics avic,

Yeah those communal pedes are just too cool, Hopefully me and wayne are gonna put an order in from cottonsheep and I'll some of those suckers. Although the sight of a whole load of pedes ganging up on a pinky would probably give me nightmares for weeks =D

cheers,

Stu

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Aviculariinae nice pics
Steven aint the only one thats JEALOUS
im gonna have to order some of them when the weathers warmer

john

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
John,

you planning on getting some of those communal pedes too then?

Have you let Wayne know? I know that he is planning an order, the more the merrier yeah and it will save on shipping. I think he's waiting for warmer weather too.

cheers,

Stu.

cottonsheep009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aviculariinae, your setting is coooool!! My pedes would probably groan for not having the same nice home their buddies got. ;P I'm so glad the lovely pedes got a master with such an earnest. Thank you also for advertising me in such a clever way. :}

gongyles, how can you figure out Aviculariinae bought pedes from me? You are amazing!:? =D :}

Last edited:

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Stu

i should let wayne know that i want to order some aswell like you say the bigger the order the cheaper it is on shipping

john

cottonsheep009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow! I'm so happy to know ppl. are planning a purchase campaign at my back =D =D It's really my honour to be at your service.

Thank you in advance, gongyles, stu, John and Wayne. Your support is the prime motivator for me to provide A quality inverts. //bow

Last edited:

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey, count me in too! I definitely want some, i've got an empty tank left fromwhen my subspinipes died, and i'm thinking a couple of s mutilans would fill it nicely! :D

Dan.

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Great set up,great pedes:) Soon as the weather picks up my order is on it's way.That Cottonsheep sure sells some nice looking myriopods:D
George

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That Cottonsheep sure sells some nice looking myriopods
that makes me want to get some for sale too :D

but too busy to deal with the tigers now~ let me clear my stock first~ heehee

BigBadConrad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, those are awesome. Nice looking habitat, too. Did you "dig them out" for the photo, or are they actually visible occasionally? In my limited experience with two subspinipes, I never ever see them. I'd love some pedes I could actually observe.

Anyone know a good place to order them on this side of the pond?

-John

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
@Earth Tiger
that makes me want to get some for sale too
that should be intresting if you could get some other specie then cottonsheep allready offers,.... i don't know exactually how many different specie of scolopendra are to be found where you guys are from, but sure there will be some amazing others to be found,....

or am i mistaken ? :? :? :?

cheers ! :D

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A friend of mine is a herp/invert/fish importer/exporter in HK, I've talked to him, there isn't much more than what they offer.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
@Navaros,....

somehow i ain't so sure about that,....
i''ll have to search some stuff up,.... as you know the genus scolopendra isn't the only genus of the subfamily scolopendridae,.... other specie from genus can also grow quite large :)

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know but I have talked to him about everything, his collectors usually bring him back cool crap but he says they don't find much besides the norm, not even cool beetles.I will talk to him again about it though.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Keep us updated,..i'm very intrested in what's to be found there,.. not only centipedes ;)