My First Old World T

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
Made the plunge and bought my first Old World today! It is a way too cute, way too beautiful Pelinobius muticus! I have had my eyes on one of these for a long time and finally felt ready to go for it DSCN0228.JPG DSCN0229.JPG DSCN0230.JPG

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Congrats on your newest OW. Hopefully yours will tunnel around the edges of its enclosure like mine did so you can see it 24/7. Just don't be surprised if you have to go digging for its water dish every couple days or so.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Congrats... and that thing is gonna be a pet hole before too long and tiny for a long time! They are painfully slow growers! :D

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Congrats, I did the same thing not too long ago. Itll be exciting to watch them grow.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Congrats, I did the same thing not too long ago. Itll be exciting to watch them grow.
This Lady received a Pelinobius muticus tiny sling for her 'Prom Night'... well, when said sling turned into a female (Goddess) she couldn't not celebrate :)

:troll: jok

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Glad you get excited by slooooooow growth rates...you'll need it, lol.

@ChrisTy
Put cardboard around the walls of the enclosure, it will heighten your chances of seeing her. It's a her, or you don't know yet?

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
@Andrea82 I am not sure of the sex yet. I am excited to have this one! hopefully with the slow growth rate I can keep up with this one! I have a B smithi sling as well so we'll see who can grow the slowest! Lol! Such a beauty though! I love my pet holes The burrow structures amaze me every time! This little one buried itself last night to the point I can't see anything but a mound of dirt so I'll let it settle in and watch as the place transforms. So far I've had luck with all of my pet holes in seeing them almost every morning hanging outside of their burrows. I'm hoping This one will follow suit. Even my E uatuman is visible in the mornings. This was definitely a must have for my collection!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Glad you get excited by slooooooow growth rates...you'll need it, lol.

@ChrisTy
Put cardboard around the walls of the enclosure, it will heighten your chances of seeing her. It's a her, or you don't know yet?
How does that increase the chance of seeing it?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
How does that increase the chance of seeing it?
Because it will be dark even when she burrows alongside the walls. Turn up the flap of cardboard, and voila, there she is! If you don't do this, she will only burrow where it is dark, ie in the middle of the enclosure and you won't see it as often :)