My first escapee

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Little psalmo sling has escaped. With three cats, its very unlikely I will see him again. Sigh.

You guys had any escapees?

razor244

Arachnopeon
yea ive had an escape. my rosea made a break for it. i figured she went under the bed with all the clutter so tore everything up looking for her. it ended up she climbed up the dresser and hungout behind a picture frame:wall: . it took about 1/2 hour before me and my gf found her.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Over the years, I have had 3 make a run for it, two avis recovered, and one lil P irminia still on the run.

One lil A avi was found two weeks after he escaped, keep looking, you may find him still.

PIG-

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Over the years, I have had 3 make a run for it, two avis recovered, and one lil P irminia still on the run.

One lil A avi was found two weeks after he escaped, keep looking, you may find him still.

PIG-
Two weeks? Wow, that's lucky. I'm still looking, then. :D

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Several decades...no escapees.
I find tarantulas an easy thing to keep in their place, unlike a few
of the larger monitor species that I kept back in the day.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last week my MM T. sp "burgundy got out... ummm... yea... 3 am, I woke up to my mom coming home from the bar, and as she walked by my door, I heard a strange clutter across the floor. It was one of those "it didnt sound important, but theres just something that tells me I should address the issue", so I got up, walked across my room, flipped on my light, and just as I turned, I noticed in the corner of my eye, my MM sitting on a pile of laundry, and he instantly bolted under my bed. I was stunned, and stood there for a few seconds, not entirely sure how I should react, but he made it easy. Somehow he climbed on my bed, and I just scooped him up in a tupper ware container and then just dropped him back in his enclosure.

The scary part is that my moms little Jack russel terrier was in my room that night, and my bedroom door was open by fluke, just because my mom was gone to the bar that night.

tarantulaeddie0

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Met

Yea my malaysian earth tiger female vanished one nite while i was cleaning her cage. For a 4" T she was VERY strong, she pushed open her top and poof. I looked for a week strait, for hours, in every crack and crevise. Since then we've moved from that house. I think imma get a tat of her at sum point, out of the 40 Ts i have, she was very special to me. She was my only arboreal that never showed aggression when i held her. I think wut i loved about her the most was her body, she was very stout and bulky for an arb. And her fangs were huge i might add. Every time i saw her grooming herself, i thought to myself, yea those wud leave sum nasty marks if she wanted to bite, lol. So yea there is my story of my "SHINNING STAR".

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Several decades...no escapees.
I find tarantulas an easy thing to keep in their place, unlike a few
of the larger monitor species that I kept back in the day.
I agree, Jim.
Hopefully this is your last escapee, Kori.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Little psalmo sling has escaped. With three cats, its very unlikely I will see him again. Sigh.

You guys had any escapees?
I have two aphonopelma sp. payson slings loose in my apartment.....leave out a small bottle cap of water for them....you may get lucky.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have it in a prescription bottle, and I guess it must have bolted just before I closed the lid. What a bugger. Haven't found him yet :mad: