My first escape!!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I had my first tarantula escape the other day! It took seven years, but it was a cute story. I thought I'd share :)

I put my new A. metallica in a 2.5 gallon terrarium with a glass lid (for higher humidity). I made a really beautiful setup for her and she seemed to aclimate quickly :) Little did I know that there would be a problem with the corkbark decoration.

After about three days, the corkbark started growing mold. Problem was, I didn't notice right away. I'm amazed at how easily that harbors mold!

I came home a few nights ago, sat down at my computer, and noticed a bluish pinktoe sitting on my desk. She had slid the lid off her cage just enough to sneak out, and started building a web from the outside of the cage to my desk. She seemed so content where she was! What a cutie!!

Once I realized I actually had an escaped tarantula, I guided her onto my hand, and into a delicup. When I got a more secure cage ready, I opened her old one to move the decoration. That's when I discovered the mold. YUCK! She just wanted away from that crap!

In the end, Kennis got a whole new cage and setup. She seems VERY satisfied now, and has earned a spot in my heart. What a cutie :)

-Bryan

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
omg! That is so cute!! lmao!!! hehehe... The funny and adorable things our spiders do. What a doll! Avics are the cutest sweethearts I swear! lol... Thanjks for sharing.. That must have been a hilarious site. Just adorable!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal

I came home a few nights ago, sat down at my computer, and noticed a bluish pinktoe sitting on my desk. She had slid the lid off her cage just enough to sneak out, and started building a web from the outside of the cage to my desk. She seemed so content where she was! What a cutie!!

-Bryan
Cute and considerate, too! I'd have been tempted to leave her where she was, if she could be relied on to stay there :)

Joy

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
awww...

its sooo cute! did you destroy the web she made on your desk? if not can you take a pic? that is just awsome, i wonder if while you were gone she went to the crickets cage and started sneeking some of those;P =D , very cute story!

Good Luck,

James

P.S- How big is it? did you raise it as a sling?