My first death :(

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
One of my P. imperator scorplings passed away last night. He was only a 3rd instar, less than five months old. His name was Seath, named for his strange deformity on the base of his tail. I posted about it when I got him; whatever it was, it seems it killed him. His sister Violet is still healthy and strong; I hope she lives a long life.

For now I've placed his body in the freezer to preserve him. I would like to do the alcohol thing. Does anyone know the proper mixture of water and alcohol?

ErikElvis

Newb
That sucks. I recently picked up 2 3i imperators. I think they’re adorable. Couldn’t imagine losing one. Still learning what’s best for them.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That sucks. I recently picked up 2 3i imperators. I think they’re adorable. Couldn’t imagine losing one. Still learning what’s best for them.
They are pretty cute. So smol, but good lord, they apparently take forever to grow. Both of mine molted about a week before I got them, and now it's been 3 months and they haven't molted again.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I tried to preserve a tarantula and it didn't work out too well.
I would try Google.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Condolences :sad:
I've used pure alcohol(99%) without water in the past, but that will turn yellowish over time.
Lately I used quality hand sanitizer gel, suck out the air bubbles.
That has not turned yellow yet over 14 months and ongoing...

Ms Defy

Arachnopeon
One of my P. imperator scorplings passed away last night. He was only a 3rd instar, less than five months old. His name was Seath, named for his strange deformity on the base of his tail. I posted about it when I got him; whatever it was, it seems it killed him. His sister Violet is still healthy and strong; I hope she lives a long life.

For now I've placed his body in the freezer to preserve him. I would like to do the alcohol thing. Does anyone know the proper mixture of water and alcohol?
Sorry for your loss.
I lost a gravid Wood Scorpion yesterday. 😢

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I've used pure alcohol(99%) without water in the past, but that will turn yellowish over time.
What type of hand sanitizer?

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I believe around 70% alcohol is what's typically used. Literally just 30% of the volume will be water and 70% will be pure alcohol. If your alcohol isn't 95% or more you'll need to do some arithmetic.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Sorry for your loss, I have had young emperor scorpions die from molting problems and even younger ones die from other unknown problems, so I know how you probably feel about it.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I used 91% isopropyl in a small ball jar to preserve a vaejovis sp I had that passed. Sorry for your loss. Tarantulas die less often and are cooler anyway IMO.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
whoa!!! what brand did you use? I wonder if that will also work for T's!
I did hear that a spider will lose its color over time... but hand sanitizer gel????? whoa! that is awesome. may try that some day when one of my spiders die.

EDIT: whoops! sorry looks like someone else asked the same question. Will get a bottle of that when one of mine die someday.

thank!