My first breeding!!! P. murinus (Pic Heavy)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
My first breeding experience has been successfull!! Today I found eggs with legs and id like to share my excitment with all of you.:D Back on June 19th 2010 I recieved my first MM loan from Tapahytn(Jennifer). Mr. fluffy was very excited to meet my big girl Zena.;P He was *tiny* compared to her. 3" to my 4.5" girl.
(he was also pretty leggy)
I used a split ten gallon enclosure for the pairing. I let him settle into his home and become comfortable while she was the usual pet hole.:rolleyes: He seemed to know she was present. He began by climbing over the side and roaming around her territory.:eek: Seeming not to notice where she was he strolled on back over to his side. :?

30 minutes later, conviced he didnt know her wearabouts I disturbed the female and roused her out of her burrow. It was like nothing ive seen!! He instantly starts drumming and shaking his rump. The sight of her drove him crazy!!{D She soon began drumming and accepted him. All of this took place at 2 am on the same day he arrived. They paired a few times and I witnessed 3 insertions the first night!!:clap: Wow i was feeling good about this.

They had been been paired 6 times over the next 2 weeks. I had witnessed 5 insertions in that time but estimate 6+. Enjoy the video!!

(LoudAudio)
[YOUTUBE]xPKUumq254g[/YOUTUBE]

After a couple weeks of mating she was no longer interested in him and became quite hostile. Fearing he may be chomped i sent him back home to Jennifer. The next few weeks she had been eating like a champ. maybe 4-5 crickets per week.

She was getting fat!!

(I think she was roaming for a safe place to lay the eggs)

On 7/23/2010 i knew something was in the making.. She excavated a huge burrow about the size of my fist.

7/25/2010 midnight she layed the sac and i witnessed her webbing over the eggs!! It was the most exciting thing ive seen any of my Ts do!! I had chosen to leave the sac with her as alot of people have done. But that changed when i was reading in the tarantula keepers guide that it may dry out if there isnt adiquate humidity to keep them from sticking together. I also found out that they do not roll there sacs as most Ts do. They leave it in a hammock type webbing.

Fearing the worst i pulled it 5 days later (7/30/2010). I carefully cut open the sac and poured the eggs into a paper towel that was suspended over water and covered with another towel and a lid with few holes . I incubated the sac in my climate control chamber i had built for all my slings.

Temps were 85 deg. Humidity was 80%. 10 days after they were layed (8/4/2010) I found eggs with legs!! I am dumbfounded how little time this whole process has taken.

P.S. Id like to thank all the people here on the boards for thier documentations. And a special thank you to Jennifer for sending a MM she raised from a sling 2 years ago, even though i had no reviews.

Thanks guys!!!
-Douglas P.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! Hopefully these will also be my firsts :D

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
nice going mate!
am waiting on a sac from my G pulchripes - it'll be awhile yet. meanwhile i live vicariously through threads like these.

have fun with the lil bitey thingies.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet! Congrats!
I'd like to breed these, but I wouldn't know what to do with that many angry babies...

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats agent! Pterinochilus are a very cool genus and highly under rated imo.

super-pede

Arachnobaron
congratz.I just finished breeding mine.the male got chomped but he got the job done.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
They are very under rated! I am still pretty nervous at this point. I noticed they dont move as much as they did when they "hatched". but when i gave one a little nudge it moved so i figured they are all doin ok.

Congrats on the breeding! Poor male. hope he passes some genes and has many babies.

I love this sp. My female was very mean and bitey but now we have an understanding. She even lets me scoop her with my bare hand. I think she has tamed down since i got her. Who knows, She was sooo sooo angry when i took the sac. I think she will get over it. ;P