My first breeding loan...

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sending out my B vagans out on breeding loan and I have never done this before and want to make sure I do everything right.

What kind of container do I put him in?
What else do I put in his container?
Once he's in the container, what should I put that in? A box I'm assuming, but like with packing peanuts or how does it work?

Sorry if any of my questions sound dumb, I just want to make sure my T is safe, and make sure the other person gets what they expected, such as a nice healthy not dead tarantula.

Any advice is welcome, and pictures, pictures would be appreciated.

Thank you all :D

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have yet to send a T out for breeding but i have come across it in these two books: Tarantulas and Other Arachnids/I] and The Tarantula Keepers Guide If you don't have them you might want to pick one up, and if funds are short than you can always get them from the library. Hope this will help with your loan and hope all goes well :D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sending out my B vagans out on breeding loan and I have never done this before and want to make sure I do everything right.

What kind of container do I put him in?
What else do I put in his container?
Once he's in the container, what should I put that in? A box I'm assuming, but like with packing peanuts or how does it work?

Sorry if any of my questions sound dumb, I just want to make sure my T is safe, and make sure the other person gets what they expected, such as a nice healthy not dead tarantula.

Any advice is welcome, and pictures, pictures would be appreciated.

Thank you all :D
heres a great packing tutorial
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=16807

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
you also might want to settle what happens to your t after the mating. do you want the body back if it gets crunched? what about if there is a double clutch (not that i have heard of Brachy being able to)?

oh... and... silly me, you might want to ask, if... you know... the PERSON ALREADY MATED THE FREAKING SPIDER ALREADY! seriously... someone didn't bother to tell me that... it was rediculous. well, *they* are rediculous... heh

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
you also might want to settle what happens to your t after the mating. do you want the body back if it gets crunched? what about if there is a double clutch (not that i have heard of Brachy being able to)?

oh... and... silly me, you might want to ask, if... you know... the PERSON ALREADY MATED THE FREAKING SPIDER ALREADY! seriously... someone didn't bother to tell me that... it was rediculous. well, *they* are rediculous... heh
Are you serious?!?!?! what kind of goofball would breed thier T and then do a breedign loan for another male to breed the same T???GHEESHHH