My First Breeding-Gone-Bad -- i guess it had to happen once huh?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, i tried breeding my two bitchy T's (G.rosea's of course!)...

LOOONG story short, the male had been in the f's tank for a couple days, (i normally only let them get used to each other for 4 or 5 days), and i took the deli cup lid off, and let them get to it ...

but.
i shouldve known something was wrong, when she gave the threat posture and he wasn't drumming, but you know how it is with T mating -- the threat posture and the sex posture look alot alike in the first few minutes. ;)

anyways, i guess he went in for the deed, and she started attacking like nothing. I mean, he was fending her off with ALL his might, and he was getting pushed, literally, up the wall of her tank.

He got tagged 2 or 3 times by her, but he seems to be ok, and moving about just the same....

I of course, took him out the minute i saw something was the matter, but...

crazy.
i've never had that happen at all (seriously)!! It's always been pretty cut and dry.

I don't know. Its sad, since my male is def. going to be dead pretty soon (built his 2nd sperm web abut 20 days ...)

well nixy, looks like your fT's would have had nothing more than a nice meal.. i think.

I don't know. I guess part of the problem is that i dont have any Barry White on hand...

that and i guess she wasn't ready to give it up.

I only snapped a couple pics, because once things went bad, i had to jump in there with my rubber spatula (they work really really well if you don't have anything else handy since you just moved :) )

anyone else have this happen? my male's got such wanderlust too. I think i may try again once more tommorow night.
I mean, if this were in the wild, she'd have had one nice big meal.

And i really even hesitated to do this since she hasn't eaten a damn thing in about 3 months, but I've seen many a male T to do the deed with a 'hungry' fT (not the best thing, but it has to happen in the wild and capitivity sometimes... you only have a small window with a mature, fully-charged male)...

she's an adult, and doesn't seem to have any more molts, but either way, she still hasnt a damn thing in a long time (3 months?). So i don't know. I think if i try again, it may just end up being a good meal, but at the same time, he's going to (sadly) be gone soon, and i might as well try to get a good breed before he's gone...

I don't know. i've talked to some people who have no problems breeding 'hungry' T's, but.. any thoughts?

its the first time this has happened to me, literally. Usually they go right for it....

thanks
peace,
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this is NOT 2 T's getting hot and heavy...

The male is to the right in this picture

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
def. not T love.. thats the male on the left getting pushed up the side of the wall... literally

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the male is on the left at this time, and this is when i pulled him out, since it wasn't working. She's been bred before, too. I guess they just weren't compatible? I don't know..

you can't see in the pic but he's really getting slid up the wall here...

it's too bad, cos he's really gorgeous

pce
dave