My Female G. Vachoni Molted Help!!!

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He my G. vachoni started molting last night and when I got up this morning she was still on her back with the legs and underside off :eek: . But she still has her old skin stuck to her spinerettes (sp). What do I need to do cuz I'm fairly worried about her taking so long :? .

Allen

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hjlantern said:
He my G. vachoni started molting last night and when I got up this morning she was still on her back with the legs and underside off :eek: . But she still has her old skin stuck to her spinerettes (sp). What do I need to do cuz I'm fairly worried about her taking so long :? .

Allen
How many hours has she been on her back and what size is your t?

for a full grown adult it doesn't seem like it has taken too long yet.

i would suggest you do nothing yet. if you MUST do something, you could carefully mist around your spider, careful not to get any on her. That's really not going to do much of anything for the spider though.

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's adult but I don't know exact age. She's been on her back for abut 12 hours. I took some forceps to help her and she still movces, she jus won't roll bsck over to streach out.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dont touch her at all! dont disturb her! It will be fine..just wait and watch..tell us how it goes..

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is the first time she's molted since I got her. How long should I wait before it could be a problem?

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never had aT take this long to molt , but it can happen. I, for now would just leave her alone, I don't think there is much you can do at this point. You could try to remove the exo that is stuck, but I would use that as an absolute last resort. Give it more time..try not to worry..I know its hard when you care about your T's though!

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's still on her back. If I touch her tibias with the forceps she moves them and so still alive. Seems like she can't rollover. What next??!!

Allen

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
let her be and stop fussing with her until tomorrow at least! You could be creating more problems by messing with her.

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Schlyne said:
let her be and stop fussing with her until tomorrow at least! You could be creating more problems by messing with her.
Okay, Okay.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just a quick reminder "Stop fussing with her until tomorrow at least!" good luck and keep us posted.

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jbrd said:
just a quick reminder "Stop fussing with her until tomorrow at least!" good luck and keep us posted.
I SAID OKAY ALREADY, I DON'T NEED IT TWICE. And if this 2nd post was meant to be cute or funny.....IT'S NOT.

chris73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hjlantern said:
I SAID OKAY ALREADY, I DON'T NEED IT TWICE. And if this 2nd post was meant to be cute or funny.....IT'S NOT.
You asked for help and people gave it. No need for an attitude at all. The spirit of this forum is knowledge and enjoyment, not hostility. If you can't handle a moult, you shouldn't keep inverts. This is not meant as a flame, it is reality. That last post WAS cute and funny, grow up.

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
chris73 said:
You asked for help and people gave it. No need for an attitude at all. The spirit of this forum is knowledge and enjoyment, not hostility. If you can't handle a moult, you shouldn't keep inverts. This is not meant as a flame, it is reality. That last post WAS cute and funny, grow up.
The help I asked for I got right up front :eek: . I only get an attitude (as you probably do) when people take low blows and bitch at you as if they were the ultimate authority figure :wall: . And yes, the spirit if this forum is knowledge and enjoyment. The hostility is when the 1st person cops an attitude and talks down to you. Then the 2nd person does the exact same thing only in red! And that whole "can't handle a moult you shouldn't keep inverts" remark means you need to BUT YOUR 12 YEAR OLD SELF OUT! And it may have been funny and cute to you but it was made at my expense! I don't appreciate it.

So.....If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So you go grow up and don't get into something that is none of your damn business. I didn't see any info regarding help with the moult coming out of your mouth. So why are you even in this thread?

If you have an issue with this then talk to a mod about it!!!

Last edited:

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you mess with it in a molt you can cause a stroke. It can get nervous, increase it's blood pressure and it can have a stroke - and bleed out through the mouth. Is it just the spinnerettes or is it part of the abdomen as well?

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Soulsick said:
If you mess with it in a molt you can cause a stroke. It can get nervous, increase it's blood pressure and it can have a stroke - and bleed out through the mouth. Is it just the spinnerettes or is it part of the abdomen as well?
I'm well aware of what can happen during a moult. I had a brocklehursti set Delta Dash and it started a moult in flight. By the morning it was dead. It was such a waste of a beautiful female breeder to have that happen. So, been there, seen that. It's at the spinnerettes and just above that. It is laying on it's back but attempting to roll to the right.

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:eek: Such hostility! I think everyone needs to calm down a little before they post something, if someone says something you don't like then I'd try not to rise to it.

Anyway, how is your spider doing now, has she righted herself yet? I know that it's not the same as having a bit of skin stuck to the abdomen, but what I have done when t's have bits of moult stuck to them is to sit and wait it out. I leave to to it so I don't stress them out anymore. I find that as long as the stuck moult doesn't seem to be bothering the tarantula then it's best to leave it there. I suppose with the moult being stuck on her spinnerets she won’t be able to web up properly.
Maybe you could leave it until she hardens up a bit first, when she's a lot more settled. Then you could try to moisten the skin that has been left on to see if it will eventually come off?

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Becca said:
:eek: Such hostility! I think everyone needs to calm down a little before they post something, if someone says something you don't like then I'd try not to rise to it.

Anyway, how is your spider doing now, has she righted herself yet? I know that it's not the same as having a bit of skin stuck to the abdomen, but what I have done when t's have bits of moult stuck to them is to sit and wait it out. I leave to to it so I don't stress them out anymore. I find that as long as the stuck moult doesn't seem to be bothering the tarantula then it's best to leave it there. I suppose with the moult being stuck on her spinnerets she won’t be able to web up properly.
Maybe you could leave it until she hardens up a bit first, when she's a lot more settled. Then you could try to moisten the skin that has been left on to see if it will eventually come off?
Thank you for the ideas. I very much appreciate it. She still hadn't righted herself this morning so I helped her right herself and she was okay. I thought for sure I'd find a dead T. She immediately started to lay out and get her juices pumping. The only thing is her moult is stuck to her butt on the last 1/3rd. Your suggestion is what I was thinking. Once she's all pumped up then maybe something brushed onto her old moult so that is will soften and let go. Do you think glycerine or water?

Thank You.

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd try a little bit of luke warm water dabbed on with a very soft brush of some sort or maybe a bit of cotton wool. I'd try leaving her until she hardens properly. You might get lucky and the old skin may dry up and just flake off on its own

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Becca said:
I'd try a little bit of luke warm water dabbed on with a very soft brush of some sort or maybe a bit of cotton wool. I'd try leaving her until she hardens properly. You might get lucky and the old skin may dry up and just flake off on its own
Very cool! We're just gonna hang together today and see how things go. I'm really hoping that the old moult will dry up and fall off. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again! :clap: