My experience with Tegenaria Domestica

VikingWolf1

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I want to share with you my experience with the Tegenaria Domestica.

I have one adult female, they are pretty easy do keep, but the bolt a lot, she webbed the entire enclosure, above the substrate, so cleaning the enclosure is a problem, since she builds tunnels and she always carry the prey inside the tunnel.

They eat everything you give, I'll say that maybe eats more then tarantulas I guess. I captured her on my bathroom, where she was building it's web, I "used" it as beginner species because with her a learned a lot about spider care, to finally get a Tarantula, and if I did not know how to deal with spiders I'll could let it free, but I think she likes her enclosure, all webbed and get every 3 day meal worm.

One day a male got inside her terrarium and now I have 6 egg sacks, witch 2 of them already born, now all the tiny slings need to stay on her mother's web for about 4 months. Then I'll set the slings free on the forest.

If you guys have a tegenaria please share your experience :)

Patobraszki

Arachnopeon
We also keep one Tegenaria female. Ours is from the kitchen :) It's a very nice species, not very demanding and basically harmless (even though they can bite), which makes it a great beginner species, as you mentioned. And today her kids finally got out of the egg sack. I'm attaching a couple of photos. Sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments

VikingWolf1

Arachnopeon
We also keep one Tegenaria female. Ours is from the kitchen :) It's a very nice species, not very demanding and basically harmless (even though they can bite), which makes it a great beginner species, as you mentioned. And today her kids finally got out of the egg sack. I'm attaching a couple of photos. Sorry for the poor quality.
It's very nice to see that the baby's came out, my Tegenaria did make in total 8 egg sacks but the problem is that I cannot take the bigger ones out, they like to hide under the webbing, I'll share some photos of my terrarium

Attachments

VikingWolf1

Arachnopeon
Oops just saw that u guys are in another continent then me :sigh: I’ve always wanted one of thosr
😂😂😂 If you lived in Europe i would send you some baby's for free, but to other continents it's impossible, but maybe there are some other species of tegenaria on your Region

Patobraszki

Arachnopeon
Ahhhh would u be selling those bbs? Lol
I'd also be more than happy to send you one (or more if you like) for free, but I doubt they'd survive an intercontinental journey. The good news is that the various Tegenaria species live in many different parts of the world, so just keep your eyes peeled when close to those shady, dark corners ;)