My euathlus sp. Blue is purple?!?!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I have a Euathlus sp. blue that seems to have a purple color. not so much blue. I was wondering if anyone has a tarantula like this. I was thinking she is in premolt but she just took a cricket tonight. Im thinking maybe this is an unidentified type of eauthlus sp. Please anyone with ideas or hands on experience with these pet rocks help me?!?!:?

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry, agent, i've never kept a euathlus before, so i can't help you with an ID here. She definitely looks like she has some purple marking from the pictures though, i'll agree with that. Very pretty lady. :)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
agent, i do have a Euathlus sp. "blue", however mine is just a sling, so i won't be any help for a while. however i can say that you might want to pm anastasia. i believe she has or had one, and gave me some info about mine when i was researching it before buying.

good luck, and let me know too (since there seems to be a lack of info on these guys)! i can't wait until mine starts showing some colours. red, blue, purple, whatever it may be it is an awesome little sling for sure.

also, your girl is quite the beauty :D

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've only ever seen two adults of this specie, and both of them had metallic blue femurs. The link below provides some info from a guy who recently started importing this species into Britain. He actually says the first time he saw the sp. was a photo in an old tarantula book and it was labeled "Pichidangui Island Purple" (just to confuse things further lol). Maybe the color can vary from individual to individual? Anyway, you might want to have a quick read :).

http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/product_info.php?products_id=2209

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is a recently discovered Euathlus sp "Violet" :?
Yes, but the pictures I've seen of E. sp. Violet look totally different to the OP's T. It does look like a sp. Blue, but with purple femurs. As I say, I've no experience with these Ts, so maybe you can get different graduations of blue to purple within the specie.? Hopefully, people who keep them might be able to chime in and compare.

Death999

Arachnopeon
There is a recently discovered Euathlus sp "Violet" :?
I have a Euathlus sp. Violet and it most certainly looks nothing like that infact I can't find any pics that that T anywhere

on that spider I say they may just have different color forms I've seen blue femur and green femur, why shouldn't there be a purple

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a Euathlus sp. Violet and it most certainly looks nothing like that infact I can't find any pics that that T anywhere

on that spider I say they may just have different color forms I've seen blue femur and green femur, why shouldn't there be a purple
I wasn't saying it was Euathlus sp. "Violet", it was a suggestion.... and it is probably just a natural colour variant of the Pichidangui Blue Beauty

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thanks guys for the ideas and comments. I was thinking this could be a Euathlus sp. violet. I mean it really doesnt have a blue color to it. Good idea about the color morph. Who knows i could be the only one that has seen this purple in the hobby:D I will try and ask around. I couldnt find a lick of any info about one of them being purple. and there isnt alot of info on these beauties to begin with.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Keep us all posted as to how you get on, Its a pretty tarantula you've got there non the less.

:)

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
hey i got a pretty good explanation!! anastasia showed my a thread about her male that molted out mature from purple to green. so i may have a euathlus sp. green. http://atshq.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20461&highlight=Euathlus+blue

Now that i think about it.. This same T was actually blue last year when i seen it at the pet shop.. Could be she is getting greener slowly.
Dont jump to a conclution just yet! my singapore blue was blue when younger, but she is now a very bright puple! i think coloure may vary alot from 1 indavidual to another! espesialy in these type of sp! (I think)

Sweet take care