My emperor scorpions questions

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i got a few question about my emp it's proberbly me over reacting but just to make sure

my scorpion doesn't grab food if i put it next to them even thou he hasn't eaten for ages and he only eats when i put it in his claws a couple of times

my scorpion doesn't dig

does scorpions need a flat service to molt?

temp is from 25 degrees to 30 degrees from 1 side to the other one side warmer humidity is about 70 to 80

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok i got a few question about my emp it's proberbly me over reacting but just to make sure

my scorpion doesn't grab food if i put it next to them even thou he hasn't eaten for ages and he only eats when i put it in his claws a couple of times

my scorpion doesn't dig

temp is from 25 degrees to 30 degrees from 1 side to the other one side warmer humidity is about 70 to 80
Some of my imps and heterometrus do that...i think they are just spoiled {D {D

As far as the not burrowing thing, i would not worry about it too much unless they don't have hides..then that might stress them out a little bit.

and the molting thing i would say flat surface never hurts :) although my imp cages are pretty well mounded up from burrows and stuff !

Temps and RH look fine !

-A.tabor

Last edited:

dogeatdog

Arachnopeon

my scorpion doesn't dig

my emp never hunts either, she just waits for the cricket to walk by the hide shes in and reels the cricket in, haha...

my scorpion doesnt dig and she seems to be fine. i think they will dig when they dont have any hides.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
kk thank you for the advice makes me feel alot better that it's not just my emp

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If yours is an adult, then you don't need to worry about molting. Flat surfaces are, however, helpful for breeding . . . ;)

Also emps tend to fast for months at a time, so don't worry about it not eating.

toxicitylevel1

Arachnopeon
:cool:

my scorpion doesn't dig

well, it sounds as if your emp may be a little spoiled when it comes to the food. all of my emp's have always burrowed....a lot! that might have something to do with what you are using for the substrate. i use a dark soil that's 4 inches deep at the shallowest end. as well as the flat surface, i've never noticed it to be an absolute necessity. as long as the animal finds itself comfortable.:D