My desert hairy doesn't want to come out.

Chicagoblue

Arachnopeon
I've had this scorpion for just 6 days. He doesnt want to come out from underneath it's rock. He's underneath it almost 24/7.I've taken him out from underneath it's rock a few times & when i do, it is out for maybe 10 mins and then quickly go's under his rock again. What's going on with this guy? p.s. he hasnt eaten either.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
He just likes it under the rock, thats all. And as long as theres food avaliable, he will eat when he needs to. He's fine.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
smoke it out! 6 days and no show, it is a shame I tell you!!! :D:D

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have just recently been blessed with seeing my H. a. after a 3 month time period. for the first month or so i was worried that she might have snuffed it, but when i noticed that the crickets were disappearing, i figured no need to worry. it was awesome seeing her out and about after not seeing her at all.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I am dealing with a similar situation.
Mine dug a burrow and then the enterance collapsed in.

I didn't do anything for about a month. Figured it dug a hole, it can get out.

After awhile I got concerned that there was a dead scorpion buried in my tank... so i dug out the collapsed enterance.
And to my amazment there was a hole.... when i dug a bit more out suddenly two yellow claws popped out! {D

So again, not seeing them is normal.

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last year's winter, my desert hairy buried itself underneath the sand and disappeared for about 2 months. I dug it out and thought it was dead.

One poke and it reared up its claw and stinger. I'm not sure if they hibernate around this time of year (he's currently burrowed and holed up now too).

Yours is perfectly fine.