My Daughter Is Going To Be Heart Broken:(

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I came home from work today to find my daughters Adult Female Pinktoe dead. She seemed fine 2 day's ago when my daughter last fed her, so it's a big suprise to me. And I'm pretty sure she's dead, she stinks.

No signs of dehydration or molt. All the other spiders seem healthy and happy. She'll be home Sunday, and it's not like I can run out and buy another one. Only one's the LP'S carry are the Rosie's.:wall:

I hope she doesn't take it to hard.........:(

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm so sorry to hear that! Was your daughter really close to her T? If she's anything like me, she could be heartbroken. Well, you could order another Avic online. There are many to choose from, and the A. avics are very easy to find as well as cheap.

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heartbroken

Wayyyy too many to chose from.:drool: She will be, but we will pick out another one together again.

There was no death curl, nor was she flipped. No impending molt, she just looked like a normal T sitting at the bottom of her enclosure on her way to get a drink. I didn't notice any ruptures. I do know she was a female and not a male.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I don't know how to respond to that. No offense, I just don't know how to reply to comments well.

Umm...

1. Good luck! Are you going to get a terrestrial or arboreal? All Avicularia are awesome.
2. If the T flips over, it is molting. How long did your T live?

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Sorry about you're daughter's tarantula. My dad's watching mine while I'm at college, so I feel bad for her.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best advice until she wants another one I'd say is comfort her. I did that with my sister who's mouse had just died. She had gotten a brand new toy for the mouse and found her dead when she was going to put the toy in. It was sad to see my little sister cry. :(

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe it would help if you let her pick out her own new T? She may want another Avic, or she might want something that doesn't remind her of the one she lost so much. :( Sorry this happened.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's T. The unexpected always hits hardest. New legs;new wings. May her next T bring the joy to ease the sorrow.