My Current Project And Custom Designed Lid Testing

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
20210619_211021.jpg 20210619_143321.jpg
Very young set up yet still testing. Trying to get my ventilation dialed in with my ability to maintain moisture, plant, and spood happiness.

The lid is a prototype. Has 6 sections that I can swap out - solid or vented. The ability to dial the ventilation in is what caught my eye even though the cost was a bit prohibitive.

Plants and mosses seem to be doing well for the most part. I'm still dialing my light intensity in but color and scheduling seems to be good.

This is going to be for my female Singapore Blue. Higher temp and humidity and plenty of climbing. It has recently been coming out more and is overdue for a transfer but trying not to rush it's final set up. I'm eager but I'm trying to not let my lack of patience get the best of me. Especially when dealing with one of the biggest arboreals that doesn't play nicely....

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
View attachment 388928 View attachment 388929
Very young set up yet still testing. Trying to get my ventilation dialed in with my ability to maintain moisture, plant, and spood happiness.

The lid is a prototype. Has 6 sections that I can swap out - solid or vented. The ability to dial the ventilation in is what caught my eye even though the cost was a bit prohibitive.

Plants and mosses seem to be doing well for the most part. I'm still dialing my light intensity in but color and scheduling seems to be good.

This is going to be for my female Singapore Blue. Higher temp and humidity and plenty of climbing. It has recently been coming out more and is overdue for a transfer but trying not to rush it's final set up. I'm eager but I'm trying to not let my lack of patience get the best of me. Especially when dealing with one of the biggest arboreals that doesn't play nicely....
Looks 3D printed- who is the vendor?

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
View attachment 388928 View attachment 388929

With the 6 sections can you put the vented and solid pieces where you want? Like if you wanted vents just in the four corners for example. This is interesting that you can adjust the ventilation. I like it.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Higher temp and humidity
This is not actually true they do fine in just normal T conditions, no T truly needs any truly specific magicially assisgned or extrapolated humidity and temperature figures.

Also @cold blood just broughht up this good point about it thhat whhile Omothymus violaceopes is classified as an arboreal they certainly live more fossorially in captivity, so im not sure how it will go with it needing to dig and dig up moss and plants. This is like 2 live planted enclosures in two days for the same species... did you get this idea from somewhhere on youtube for thhis species?

Do you have a lot of experience with tarantula's? live planted enclosures for newer people often times create much more hasle for newcomers than whatever reward was expected, and it only benefits you, not the tarantula. And the moisture needs of all thhose plants and moss is very likely may be way too much moisture for thhis species, or any species

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Not new to the rodeo. This is actually kind of a test. The cork tubes I'm using are also full of substrate with multiple posdible entries and I have a secondary area that she may choose to go to and that's fine.
I also have a T. apophysis living in a very planted tank and she's loving. The plants and moss that I am using are not in need of moisture as much as a frog tank. I shouldn't have any issues, once grown in a bit, keeping things going at around 70% "humidity" and upper 70s temp.

I base nothing I do on YouTube vids. I have had this plan for a long time, since she was a sling. Her current size now has kicked this project in the rear. As for tearing things up, so be it. I expect her to make it her home. Most of the plants were free and moss is super cheap. I just wanted to see if I could make it work.

Now, as for the top Frogdaddy, yes, sections can be moved around and into any formation you want and any combination you desire or need to get to the moisture/humidity you're trying to achieve. The company is CMTerrariums on Etsy. Like I said, it's somewhat of a prototype. The center has an opening that fits a 12"x16" piece of glass or acrylic perfectly. This is also a stock size you can get from Lowes. I'm digging it so far. I was a little worried when it showed and there were a hundred pieces, but once together, it was a lot more rigid than expected. Again, this is not a cheap top.

I think the only issue I'm going to have is the vented sections are super fine and could be an issue with climbers. I plan to go to another friends house and redesign those inserts with a lot bigger holes so there will be no potential hangups....literally. Yes, all 3D printed. I have another source for cnc made tops that I may try out too.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
So my phone's camera quit on me... once my new one gets here, I'll updat with a few more pics. This may have evolved away from a T enclosure. Haven't decided yet. Stay tuned.....

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Small update as the build grows in and I still dial the humidity in.

The "screened" inserts are super fine. Maybe even fine enough fir FFs. Unfortunately, for what I need, I think it slows ventilation down. I have ordered 2 more sets that have a different coarseness. This larger strand spacing will also assist in sidestepping any possible hang-ups for climbing arachnids.

Unfortunately, phone is on back order. Pics soon as I have added a couple plants.