My craigslist adventure

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
I have a female A.Metallica and found someone locally selling a male A.Metallica on craigslist. Decided to text the seller and say I was interested. 3 days later go to meet seller and buy the avic for 20$. First off I had to meet her at a hospital in the rain so it was weird already lol. Secondly she hands me the spider and enclosure , the avic is completely set up terrestrial :( and on top of it , it is completely soaked... like a lake literally. Then she opens it up and reaches in and literally grabs it! Like she was picking up a rag off the ground, and plops it on my hand like it was nothing... I have many many tarantulas and have really only held one and that was a eauthlus red, and i only held that because it just ran out. I was stunned and speechless and a bit angry about how it was housed and cared for. The abdomen is smaller then the carapace and it definitely isnt a metallica... but I couldnt not buy it... I had to save it and make up for how it had been cared for. Got it home and instantly rehoused it into a fitting home... poor thing couldnt even climb;(. Now its in a temp/humidity controlled room :). Anyways rant over, I dont know why things like this surprise me anymore lol.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
Seriously? Wow. Did the enclosure come with it, or did she expect you to bring a container, or allow it to run wild in your car on the ride home?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Great work, man.

Btw I hate the name 'Craigslist', Christ! Everytime I hear that stupid name I have the "Dawson Creek" or "Beverly Hills 90210" hate effect within me and I want to spank to death the butt of the fool that created such a stupid name with a "Ant Glove" :-s

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
Seriously? Wow. Did the enclosure come with it, or did she expect you to bring a container, or allow it to run wild in your car on the ride home?
She let me take the container lol. But she also tried to give me a rose hair without an enclosure... and then asked if i could just put the rose hair in with the avic until i got home..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Crazy things almost always happen when your buying Ts on craigslist..

I got an avic from a guy that was burning furniture in the back yard instead of moving it to his new place.. Another time I brought home a pokie in a plastic shopping bag. Etc..

I always love going to meet people for Ts on craigslist because I know that no matter what it's going to turn into some kind of crazy.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon

I got an avic from a guy that was burning furniture in the back yard instead of moving it to his new place.. Another time I brought home a pokie in a plastic shopping bag. Etc..

I always love going to meet people for Ts on craigslist because I know that no matter what it's going to turn into some kind of crazy.
Lol yea! I forget how crazy it is until I do it again. Ive only got two t's off craigslist and the first one was a juvie lp in like a 150 gallon tank lol. But he let me take the tank :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Wow, those are some bizarre experiences. I have only had good ones when I have answered Kijiji (the Canadian version) ads. The worst that has happened to me is that they were sold as female/unsexed and they turned out male. Granted, most of them were housed inappropriately, but nothing that strange. My Avic in the vase with a potted plant inside and a lid made from a takout food container was as bizarre at it gets... so far.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek

did we get in contact with eachother bc of CL? Point proven, crazy things happen. I've actually got one of the best deals of my life because of it. You remember that guy who had all the pokies right?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Sounds like I need to check out some craigslist ads. Maybe I can save some Ts for cheap and have some good stories to go with it.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Great work, man.

Btw I hate the name 'Craigslist', Christ! Everytime I hear that stupid name I have the "Dawson Creek" or "Beverly Hills 90210" hate effect within me and I want to spank to death the butt of the fool that created such a stupid name with a "Ant Glove" :-s
Not sure how many ppl caught (or got) the "ant glove" finish there but well played hahaha. Bullet ant stings are a pain i can live the rest of my life without and that'd be just fine hahaha

14pokies

Arachnoprince
did we get in contact with eachother bc of CL? Point proven, crazy things happen. I've actually got one of the best deals of my life because of it. You remember that guy who had all the pokies right?
Yea I answered an add for a hot blonde and you showed up :jimlad:. I still have that wig BTW and the doctors bill for my visit and antibiotics ;)...

Yea that was a nice come up you made... If only the bank wasn't closed by the time I found out about it! :mad: