Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

My collection

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by psychofox, May 29, 2009.

1. MarkG

MarkG Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Amazing collection you got there.

2. saxman146

saxman146 Arachnobaron Old Timer

I bet someone is looking forward to the returns that they will recieve from breeding that Oranje Morph of P. Villosus. Huh? Huh? Am I right?!:D

3. psychofox

psychofox Arachnoknight Old Timer

I own both the male and the female, so all of the offspring will be mine:)

4. saxman146

saxman146 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Ha Ha. I don't think you understand what I was talking about. I was talking about the $$$. You can't find those specimens anywhere.

5. ;) I'm turning green with envy. :drool:

6. psychofox

Heh, yeah, I completely misunderstood that one! Well, I'll admit that some extra money will do good on my "scorpion budget":D

7. TheAssyrian

TheAssyrian Arachnosquire

WOW, I am absolutely blown away by the species of Androctonus, Centruroides, and Parabuthus represented by your collection! :drool: :drool: :drool:

This is natural history museum quality.

If you have any more scorps by all means post em!

Any more Uroplectes?

8. Too bad those species are not readily available in the US or else I would be buying a lot of the ones hes got in his collection.

9. Spider-Spazz

Spider-Spazz Arachnobaron

Nice! How long does it take your scorps to molt? Like between molts. A couple of weeks or months like Tarantulas?

10. psychofox

How often the scorpions molt depends on many factors. Some species grow very quickly, other slowly. Naturally temps and feeding also play an important role. They also grow quicker at a younger age, and the last few molts can take a while. Under my care, the scorpions generally molt something like this:

Centruroides spp: A molt every 1-3 months until adulthood. The first few molts happen once a month or even more often. I've had a few species of this genus mature in just a little more than half a year. Rhopalurus spp. has until now grown at roughly the same rate.
    Parabuthus spp: Generally get to 4th instar in a little more than half a year, then starts slowing down. Some species grow quicker than others, but many species in this genus takes up to two years to mature.
    Androctonus spp. is about the same, but seems a little bit quicker in my experience.
    Uroplectes spp. also grow pretty quickly, but I do not have much experience with this genus yet, so I can't say very much here.

Hope this answers your question:)

11. psychofox

Some new pictures from my collection:

[​IMG]
    0.1(?) Rhopalurus bonetti

[​IMG]
    Centruroides limbatus, freshly molted

[​IMG]
    1.1 Parabuthus villosus orange morph

TheAssyrian: Thanks a lot for the compliments. I don't have many Uroplectes species yet, but I will take some photos of the ones I've got soon:)

12. psychofox

Some new pictures:

[​IMG]
    Centruroides gracilis ca. 5-6th instar.

[​IMG]
    Parabuthus liosoma 2nd instar.

[​IMG]
    0.1 Parabuthus transvaalicus molting to 4th instar.

[​IMG]
    0.1 Parabuthus raudus.

[​IMG]
    1.0 Parabuthus villosus 6th instar.

[​IMG]
    Same scorpion.

[​IMG]
    And same one once again.

[​IMG]
    Parabuthus planicauda 4th instar.

[​IMG]
    0.1 Uroplectes chubbi, gravid.

[​IMG]
    1.0 Rhopalurus bonetti

13. Animalia

Animalia Arachnoknight Old Timer

very very nice collection. im jealous :eek:

14. Koh_

Koh_ Arachnoangel Old Timer

nice pics and collections as always.
    beautiful Parabuthus villosus and Uroplectes chubbi.
    I've been looking for those u.chubbi for a long long time. never seen them in canadian market. Too bad..

15. While looking at your pics i thought to myself ''this guy has to come from Europe'' haha. Such an awesome variety there! congrats!

what are your feeding responses in regard to the feeders you use ( B. lateralis vs B. dubia (i think))?

16. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

Hi Psychofox,

The first pic of R.bonetti is indeed a female.

Cheers, Michiel

17. psychofox

Thanks for the kind words all of you:)

Frederick: When the scorpions discover the roaches, they take them equally well. But the thing with dubias is that they don't move around a lot, or even dig themselves into the substrate, and thus it often happens that they stay in the scorpion enclosure for a long time without the scorpion noticing them. Because of this, I prefer the lateralis. If my lateralis colony only was big enough to enable me to feed 200 of them a week, I wouldn't keep dubias:)

Michiel, thanks. I figured this too. But I was rather confused at first when I got them, because the adult males didn't have the widened metasoma segments that I thought was charachteristic for the entire genus. So I didn't know whether I sexed them correctly or not.

18. BorisTheSpider

BorisTheSpider Overly Complicated

Very nice collection . I too am jealous .

19. lester

lester Arachnosquire

Very Impressive collection

20. psychofox

Thanks for the compliments.

A few new pictures:

[​IMG]
    0.1 Parabuthus liosoma freshly molted to 3rd instar.

[​IMG]
    Parabuthus planicauda freshly molted to 4th instar.

[​IMG]
    Same specimen putting a final sting in its first meal after the molt.

[​IMG]
    0.1 Parabuthus villosus typical 6th instar.

[​IMG]
    0.1 Parabuthus schlechteri freshly molted to 5th instar.

[​IMG]
    1.0 Uroplectes triangulifer.

[​IMG]
    0.1 Centruroides limbatus 6th instar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.