My Chilean Rose recently molted...

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is probably a stupid question but...

My Chilean Rose recently molted and I was wondering if I should remove the molt mat or just leave it for now. It's been several days and she is out and about.

Another question... I have a smaller Rose (an inch to an inch 1/2 body length) who seems to be a sort of lazy groomer. He/she (not sure which yet) will groom a leg but just leave it hang not far from his mouth, with his fangs extended for a little while before finally moving again (moving his leg back, retracting the fangs). Sort of funny to watch, but being a newbie I worry about every little thing. :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can take it out whenever you want to. Molt skins don't mold so there is no harm in leaving it in for a while if you want. I always take mine out when I notice they have molted. But waiting is no biggie.

As for the grooming that's very normal.

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! I'll clean out the webbing tomorrow. And thanks regarding the little one. :) I am anxious for that one to molt so I can determine the sex... I don't know why but I get the feeling it is a male.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And you get that feeling for what reason? Sounds kinda small to be even thinking about what sex it is.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
why take out the moult mat at all?? I dont remove my spiders moult mats, the spider normally destroys them on its own. Plus they dont do any harm.

Talkenlate talks about removing the moult... as in the actual discarded skin. Yea..do that by all means, but i see no point in destroying the spiders moult mat..

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
why take out the moult mat at all?? I dont remove my spiders moult mats, the spider normally destroys them on its own. Plus they dont do any harm.

Talkenlate talks about removing the moult... as in the actual discarded skin. Yea..do that by all means, but i see no point in destroying the spiders moult mat..

Agreed my girls use the molt mats for a week or two to rest on. After which they clean house. They roll it up and deposit it by the water dish.

Steph

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, i always leave the "mat" in there aswell they always tear it up anyways as for the molt,1 of my female redphase rosies just molted about aweek ago,she stayed with the molt up until now,i guess she felt comfortable with it{D didn't want to take it away yet,once she moved away i got rid of it,ts can be really funny at times.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, my juvie rosie molted to about 3.5" recently. After about 2 weeks she kinda shredded the mat and kicked dirt all over it to make room for w new feeding mat. It seems she lays down all the heavy webbing in the same corner.

Yours will clean house when she's ready.