My childhood dream finally came true!!!! <3

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Since I can remember, I dreamt of owning my very own horse.. but finances always restricted me from owning my dream equine, since they are a huge commitment.

Well today all that changed, my husband bought me a very very sweet off track thoroughbred, 16.2hh gelding, only 5 years old, and I'm sooooooo happy!! Meeting his previous owners was lovely as well, some off the nicest horsey people i have came across.

Now he is settling in his new home, looking forward to spend more time with this lovely big boy. Just thought I'd share, as i'm now a really proud owner of a gorgeous OTTB - so I have to brag a bit :embarrassed:
IMG-20161023-WA004.jpg IMG-20161023-WA003_edit.jpg IMG-20161023-WA002_edit.jpg

louise f

Arachnoangel
Congratz friend, he looks very cute. <3 That is a big thing to finally get something you wanted for such a long time. I understand your happiness about it. <3 :happy:
I wish you the best of luck with that beautiful gorgeous boy. <3<3 :kiss::) And thumbs up to husband for giving you that. :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Huge congratulations! My first purchased horse (I had hand-me-downs growing up) was an OTTB and he was like a giant puppy ❤ Did he retire at 5 from injury or lack of wins? My boy retired at 5 from lack of wins, but then was a pony horse at the track for several more years before I got him.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Absolutely wonderful! What a lovely gift, and so young too! May you spend many long fun filled years together :)

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Huge congratulations! My first purchased horse (I had hand-me-downs growing up) was an OTTB and he was like a giant puppy ❤ Did he retire at 5 from injury or lack of wins? My boy retired at 5 from lack of wins, but then was a pony horse at the track for several more years before I got him.
He retired at 4 actually, from lack of wins. I just love OTTBs, they are such excellent horses.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He retired at 4 actually, from lack of wins. I just love OTTBs, they are such excellent horses.
They really are! My boy adapted to being a ranch horse like he had been doing it all his life and was perfect for me to give rides to kids on because he took care of his rider. I miss him so ):

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
They really are! My boy adapted to being a ranch horse like he had been doing it all his life and was perfect for me to give rides to kids on because he took care of his rider. I miss him so ):
What happened too him? Did you sell him off to someone else?

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
My boy is settling in nicely, and really enjoys his turnout time in the field, but he regularly calls for his friends, which is quite sad :(.. so I'm guessing it won't be long before we buy a companion :happy:

Here's another pic of my gorgeous boy:

IMG_20161026_120833.jpg

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Uhm... I wonder how much 'Baboons' lives in some burrows in those lovely area -.-
We only ever found one burrow.. and a few MMs that wandered into my in-laws home here over the years.. I do on a regular basis take a walk in the fields, turn rocks over and stuff, to see if I can find some burrows.. but none, there are tons of trapdoor spiders however, and found two bark scorpions already in the past few weeks :p

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Here is some more loveleys

This horse is just stunningly gorgeous, gelded late I assume, since he behaves a lot like a stallion:
IMG_3272.JPG IMG_3271.JPG IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3273.JPG IMG_3216.JPG IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3192.JPG IMG_3128.JPG IMG_3081.JPG IMG_3070.JPG

I absolutely adore this boy, he is such a beaut!!!!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
This horse has my heart. :angelic:

IMG_3055.JPG

And just like the invert keeping hobby, horses can be very adictive. So we bought two more :p a lovely off track thoroughbred mare, with her rising 3 month old thoroughbred colt at foot.

IMG_20161205_190717.jpg
IMG_20161205_094720_edit.jpg

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They're all stunning! Have you got names for them? I'm happy for you that you got to get your childhood dream, I was the exact same as you then a year ago I got my Irish Sport Horse gelding, they truly are amazing animals to own. :)

Here's my spud named Jace.

jace.PNG

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
They're all stunning! Have you got names for them? I'm happy for you that you got to get your childhood dream, I was the exact same as you then a year ago I got my Irish Sport Horse gelding, they truly are amazing animals to own. :)

Here's my spud named Jace.

View attachment 226326
Oh wow he is such a handsome boy!! I LOVE dapple greys. What discipline do you compete him with?

I'm a sucker for Thoroughbreds and baroque type breeds (especially lusitanos).

The big chestnut is registered gelding, his name is Silence is Golden (by Kahal out of Golden song - National Assembly mare), the bay mare is Mexican Sombrero (by Tiger Dance, out of Mexican Hat - by Warning) her sire's sire is Storm Cat. Then the colt's name is Mambo in Mexico (by Malhub out of Mexican Sombrero) his sire's sire is kingmambo. So he has a lovely pedigree. We don't plan to race him though, want to bring him along in another discipline that will be well suited to him.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh wow he is such a handsome boy!! I LOVE dapple greys. What discipline do you compete him with?

I'm a sucker for Thoroughbreds and baroque type breeds (especially lusitanos).

The big chestnut is registered gelding, his name is Silence is Golden (by Kahal out of Golden song - National Assembly mare), the bay mare is Mexican Sombrero (by Tiger Dance, out of Mexican Hat - by Warning) her sire's sire is Storm Cat. Then the colt's name is Mambo in Mexico (by Malhub out of Mexican Sombrero) his sire's sire is kingmambo. So he has a lovely pedigree. We don't plan to race him though, want to bring him along in another discipline that will be well suited to him.
Thank you! He used to be more grey but he's lightened up with age. (He's 14 right now :p) I haven't professionally competed him but before I bought him he was competed in cross country, hopefully next year I'll be doing the same, I was originally going to do showjumping as he's an amazing jumper but there's a lot more cross country options around where I live. :p

Best of luck with your three, they all sound amazing!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Thank you! He used to be more grey but he's lightened up with age. (He's 14 right now :p) I haven't professionally competed him but before I bought him he was competed in cross country, hopefully next year I'll be doing the same, I was originally going to do showjumping as he's an amazing jumper but there's a lot more cross country options around where I live. :p

Best of luck with your three, they all sound amazing!
Silence is 5 years old and the mare 6, so both very young still, but I think the mare will only remain a happy hack. I want to compete Silence in dressage, but will see where his training brings me and where his strenghts and weaknesses lies. :p

Thankyou very much, and good luck with x-country next year, hope you and your big boy will kick some big butts :p

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A whole thread that makes me smile.

Has anyone ever worked with a handicapped riding program?