My Chaco: laziest T ever?

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seriously...she never moves from this position:

When I opened up her tank to change her water, one of her legs shifted a few centimeters, but that I think it was just a result of me taking the lid off. Even when feeding, she waits for the crickets to walk right up to her, and only moves enough to grab them and start munching.

Took her out for a photo the other day, put her back near her newly filled water dish...and, when I looked ten minutes later, she was back on top of her hide. She doesn't seem to understand the point of it. {D

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
She is quite the looker! The spot must be super comfy to her, like the best la-z-boy chair ever haha! Ah... I can't wait to get one.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya..my Chaco is the same way. She has her fav spot picked out under her foam rock where I can JUST see her. The only time she moves is to change direction and face the opposite way...lol...but still in the same spot. When I first got her she was all over the place and wanted to climb up on the walls and even hang upside down under the lid! I actually put a towel inside in case she fell cause she was usually hanging over her foam rock which might be foam, but still rough. Eventually she settled in and now I can't get her to move!!

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hahah. Mine is the same way! She sits in the corner ALL day long. I get up in the morning and she is sitting in the same corner. She has lots of room to run around, but NO. I give her a cricket and she eats it in her little corner. LOL.

The colors of the legs in yours is beautiful!!

Attachments

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ya..my Chaco is the same way. She has her fav spot picked out under her foam rock where I can JUST see her. The only time she moves is to change direction and face the opposite way...lol...but still in the same spot. When I first got her she was all over the place and wanted to climb up on the walls and even hang upside down under the lid! I actually put a towel inside in case she fell cause she was usually hanging over her foam rock which might be foam, but still rough. Eventually she settled in and now I can't get her to move!!
That's what mine did...she ran around and climbed the walls like crazy for a couple of hours when I brought her home, and has barely moved since. I know most Grammostolas are sort of pet rock-like, but at least I see my pulchras in different positions/locations when I look. I love my Chaco anyway, though!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Hahah. Mine is the same way! She sits in the corner ALL day long. I get up in the morning and she is sitting in the same corner. She has lots of room to run around, but NO. I give her a cricket and she eats it in her little corner. LOL.

The colors of the legs in yours is beautiful!!
I guess they're all like that, huh? :rolleyes: Yours is quite adorable...how big is she? I'm pretty sure mine's full-grown, which is probably why her stripes are so colorful.

malhomme

Arachnopeon
Chiquita is 7" and LOVES this one spot in her enclosure. She has a great hide, but fortunately she loves this one spot out in the open. She's not too lazy to hunt though.

Last edited:

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ooooohhhh... nice!
Yeah, I love these guys...very similar in build and temperament to G. rosea (same genus), but a little more colorful (unless, of course, you have a red form G. rosea...)! They are excellent beginner Ts. :)

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Chiquita is 7" and LOVES this one spot in her enclosure. She has a great hide, but fortunately she loves this one spot out in the open. She's not to lazy to hunt though.

Wow, she is gorgeous!! Her darks are much blacker than my girl's. I'm hoping Saffron gets even better-looking after her next molt.

malhomme

Arachnopeon
Wow, she is gorgeous!! Her darks are much blacker than my girl's. I'm hoping Saffron gets even better-looking after her next molt.

Thank you. Just speaking from my own experience, I think that Chaco's may be underated. Besides a gentle temperament they also have very likable/approachable personalities. Mine has been a great eater as well.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL - I had plans to start a thread like this.

I should have named Cocoa "Snoopy" - he routinely hangs out on the roof of his hide. I wasn't sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's comforting to know, judging by the rest of your Chacos, that my Chaco is, well, just being a Chaco!

The irony is that when Cocoa was a 3/4" sling, he burrowed into the substrate and didn't come out - I even started a worried thread about it headed "When should I start digging" - it makes me wonder, since his substrate isn't deep enough to do that, if this is his way of compensating ...

Last edited: