My Chaco bit me.

Pinoy25

Arachnopeon
I got bit about 3 hours ago by an Chaco Golden knee. It jumped at me and bit my thumb while i was transferring her to a new enclosure . It only bit me for a second but the pain was real intense. It was burning pretty bad and my whole hand and arm have started cramping. It only got me with one fang since I only see one puncture wound.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Pinoy25

Arachnopeon
She jumped at me while I was putting the hide. :-( I never handle my Ts.

Blut und ehre

Arachnoknight
Yikes!!
You don't hear of that happening too often with G.Pulchripes?? She must have been real scared......or just "with attitude"?? You should post in the "Bite reports" section.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Yes, please do when post in bite reports when you get some free time. Spare no details cause that database will be really helpful as time passes. First definitely make sure you sterilize that wound thoroughly if you haven't yet. Ouch! She only got you with one fang, but she got you good. That puncture looks DEEP.

Bender

Arachnopeon
WOW that sucks OP sorry to hear it! Are they known to have somewhat potent venom? Your reaction seems strong, so Im wondering where on the scale they fall for bites.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
WOW that sucks OP sorry to hear it! Are they known to have somewhat potent venom? Your reaction seems strong, so Im wondering where on the scale they fall for bites.
No. G. pulchripes are new world. Unless you are allergic, you shouldn't have too much of a reaction to the venom.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Yeah venom can still cause local swelling and cramping, but I imagine his arm is probably where it will stop. Full body trauma like the OWs inflict is unlikely.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That sounds like a feeding response. Pulchripes are fanatical eaters, but none of mine have ever been aggressive.

Forcep

Arachnosquire
Wow that's from a chaco? Sorry to hear that. I agree with Poec54 that she may mistake your hand to prey; my chaco once attacked the pipette I used to add water, not with an attitude but with greedy

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got bit about 3 hours ago by an Chaco Golden knee. It jumped at me and bit my thumb while i was transferring her to a new enclosure . It only bit me for a second but the pain was real intense. It was burning pretty bad and my whole hand and arm have started cramping. It only got me with one fang since I only see one puncture wound. ...
[size=+1]CONGRATULATIONS![/size] You may now officially call yourself a Tarantula Whisperer!

Clean the bite and use something on it to prevent infection. Use a small band-aid or bandage to prevent contamination. Take a couple aspirins or ibuprofens for the pain. If you begin to show symptoms other than relatively minor swelling and pain, go to a hospital emergency room. Bring the spider with you for show and tell. DO NOT allow them to shoot you up with ANY antivenom! (Also called "antivenin.") There are no known antivenoms that will work on a tarantula's bite, and the risks of a serious reaction to the antivenom far outweigh any benefits.

All you need is something to control the pain for a few hours. HINT: It also helps if you don't look like the neighbor drug addict if you do this.

All symptoms will go away within a few hours to a day, the exact timing is largely dependent on your physiology and has little to do with the tarantula's venom. By Thursday you should be bragging to everyone about how you survived the spider bite.

P.S. - The photo looks like the bite may becoming infected. If it gets any worse go immediately to an emergency room for treatment. Antibiotics can be used if the emergency Doc thinks they're needed, but still NO antivenoms!

Now, go back to the tarantula and apologize for being such a dolt as to deserve the bite!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
wow Bro hope you feel better take better precaution next time
+1. These are wild animals, predators with small brains and huge fangs. It's easy to get complacent because many times there won't be any issues. But all it takes is one incident to remind you these are not domesticated.

lankfordjl

Arachnopeon
Thanks for posting. I hope things will be fine. Please post pics showing the progress of your healing as reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with Poec.. must've mistaken your hand as prey.. just be careful next time.. try to move things inside the enclosure (supposedly during re-housing) without a T in it.. You'll never know what'll happen.. and as I always say.. they differ even though they are of the same species.. btw, that bite looks nasty.. Hope you heal well.. and post it in the Bite Report Section.. Now you can say you really "Got Bit!" :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a significant sized hole that is perfect for infections. Definitely get proper treatment, an open wound is the best way for a foreign invader to take over and kill you. It happens here in the States. A girl in GA was hiking, scraped her knee on rocks while hiking and fell into a river. She got an infection and died not long after. A type of Amoeba entered her body and destroyed her brain- killing her.

Emotionlessness

Arachnosquire
Just count yourself lucky it was a one fang bite from G. pulchripes, there are way worse species people have got bitten! :p

Pinoy25

Arachnopeon
I'm okay... :-D all symptoms went away after a day or two.