my Chaco, alice is a pig?

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
hey just wondering if I could be over feeding my G. Pulchripes, she really seems to be hungry, I give her a large cricket every day and it seems like she's starving every time, just by the way she chases it around the cage!
I don't know, she's the first chaco I ever had. and she's kinda grumpy too, i keep reading about how their the most docile in the trade, but my girl will hair anything that moves, and tag anything in range. its like a T. blondi and her touched a magical object at the same time, and switched bodies.

Assassin

Arachnosquire
you can give her to eat for as long as she wants to eat...When she has enough, she will refuse the food. So no wories for over feeding. I give my LP an adult dubia every 4 days (she's around ~4"), and even the day after she has eaten, when i'm filling her water dish, she's attacking the water drops :p yep, some T's really eat like "pigs" :D

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
LOL speaking of LPs, I got 2 slings that eat like pigs. I put in half a baby cricket in one of their cages, and a live pinhead that's just alittle bigger than it in the other. the fist one just devoured the half cricket, I can't even find parts of it!!

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some tarantulas just have personality. You can have a Rosie thats as evil as satan himself, and on the other hand have an OBT that's the nicest thing around.
... well maybe not a nice OBT, but you get what Im saying.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You can overfeed a T. A heavy T is not healthy and will suffer in the long run. Rather than every day, maybe offer prey every two or three days.
As for temperament, your sling must be defensive to survive at that size. Each molt will bring on a new temperament.

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
k i'll hold back on the feeding to twice a week on alice. like I do with my others. and it is my G. pulchripes i'm talking about as being mean as hell, not my 2 LP slings. I also noticed this morning that one of them has a bum leg, it sticks strieght out, it can be lifted up and down from its thorax, but the joints won't bend.

winwin

Arachnoknight
k i'll hold back on the feeding to twice a week on alice. like I do with my others. and it is my G. pulchripes i'm talking about as being mean as hell, not my 2 LP slings. I also noticed this morning that one of them has a bum leg, it sticks strieght out, it can be lifted up and down from its thorax, but the joints won't bend.
I'm sure the leg would be fixed in a molt or 2. As for feeding, i think sling should have all they can eat but start reducing when the reach juviehood(is there such a word?).

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had a sling (1/2") with the same problem. It dropped the leg after two days. The leg fully regenerated in three molts (2" now).