Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

My centipedes(Sc. gigantea & Sc.aff.gigantea) eating frog & fig~

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by trexpp, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Advertisement
    Hello guys,
    These are the videos that my centipedes eating frog & fig.
    I hope you guys enjoy it.

1. Sc.aff.gigantea eating frog

2. Sc.gigantea eating frog

3. Both centipedes eating fig

• Like Like x 2
  2. I've heard that centipedes will eat fruit, how often is this included in their diet?

3. Scoly

Scoly Arachnobaron Active Member

Nice specimens. Not sure I like the live feeding of vertebrates, but each to their own. I heard from someone who bred Scolopendra mutilans in bulk that frogs are best avoided because of the number of parasites they contain, but I don't have any solid info, and maybe its just farmed Scolopendra mutilans which are a bit more fragile.

Most keepers don't feed fruit and have had no problem. Some keepers say fruit once a month. Personally I only use banana because of the crazy nutrient content and the fact they have very little pesticides, but only do it a few times a year. The feeder colonies of roaches get bananas all the time.

4. I usually feed them once a month.
    Thank you for your reply :)

5. Thank you for your reply :)
    I think your opinion(frogs are best avoided because of the number of parasites they contain) seems right. But, These frogs have been raised from the farm. So. I think it isn't likely to have lots of parasites...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.