My centipede turned into 3 centipedes

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
I've got a Lithobius forficatus that got into my forest box on accident and has been living in it since (about 8 months now?), it's become quite big and as far as I know it was the only centipede in my box. But today I discovered two babies of the same species going through tunnels in the dirt. Where do they come from? What is this witchcraft? :anxious:
Here's a picture of the big one, though he has grown a bit since then. http://i.imgur.com/WiNwVUr.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah "What is this witchcraft" cracked me up :-s

:angelic: Uhm, unlike for T's, where the demand is pretty high and the hobby (here in Europe just like in the U.S, no matter now) reached a IMO good level of knowledge, T's (majority) are CB, and the sellers are able to proper sex them etc

Centipedes, on the other hand, aren't so popular (and that's a shame) definitely not at least even compared to T's, and 99% of centipedes available in the trade are pure finest WC.

How do you think I ended up with 25 babies of Scolopendra subspinipes jumped out all of a sudden just two months ago? :kiss:

Last edited:

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
What is a forest box?
I have a little critter keeper with dirt, rotten wood and leaves inside it, all from the nearby forest. And it contains only inverts from the forest I collected. That's why I call it the forest box. :)

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
I have a little critter keeper with dirt, rotten wood and leaves inside it, all from the nearby forest. And it contains only inverts from the forest I collected. That's why I call it the forest box. :)
Oooooh, i should do that too soon