my centipede ate his tail

mercury904

Arachnopeon
:confused: i have this centipede that ate its tail instead of the small roaches that i offered him :( wondering whats the reason behind it..

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a lot of the centipedes i have kept are not very brave and tend to run from "appropriately" sized live food. just prekill their food and it could easily fix the problem

mercury904

Arachnopeon
a lot of the centipedes i have kept are not very brave and tend to run from "appropriately" sized live food. just prekill their food and it could easily fix the problem
i put 2 same sized roaches,he ate the other one 2 days ago,the folowing day i saw him nipping on his tail,at first i thought he was just grooming himself,the nextday he ate the remaining roach

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i will still try prekilleds. centipedes have these monster reputations but in my experience they are actually pretty wimpy most of the time

also, i am super rusty at ID'ing... but i think you have a male Scolopendra morsitans right there

Xenomorph

Arachnosquire
also, i am super rusty at ID'ing... but i think you have a male Scolopendra morsitans right there
The right terminal Leg looks like from a Male S.morsitans. A close up from this leg where better to get 100% sure