My Brazilian Amazon adventure (many pics!)

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
Spent almost 3 weeks aong the Rio Negro and other Amazon tributaries with my GF in January. Had the time of our lives! Hoep you enjoy the pics (many of them)

Any idea to sp?

Lichen stick?

HUGE whip scorpion

Mama wolf with babies

Freshly caught!

I caught this Forest Frog

Black bullet ant

Some kind of Tegu I think

Frog lovin'

That's all for now, some pics are sub-par, I know. Was on the move so no time for tripod/flash options. Thanks for checking them out! :biggrin:

Josh

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Really amazing stuff. I've never seen an Avic like that, makes me drool just thinking about it.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Woah you saw come really great stuff over there! I'm quite jealous of you :eek:

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
That avic is deemed a "monkey spider" by the natives there as it can jump, and often does up to 2 meters they say. They were fairly common, I saw about 5 webbed up in tree trunks. Thanks guys, and again, sorry for the rather bad shots, I tend to do better, but we were always on the move!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Really nice stuff, That Avic is pretty sweet. I wonder what that smaller black spider was? And whats up with the tree growing in the water, weird lol. Thanks, for sharing !
Later, Tom

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
Really nice stuff, That Avic is pretty sweet. I wonder what that smaller black spider was? And whats up with the tree growing in the water, weird lol. Thanks, for sharing !
Later, Tom
Tom, I think that small black/brown spider was a baby T sling, unknown sp. It was perhaps a 1/2"-3/4" diameter.

Porp

Arachnosquire
Wow thanks for sharing! I now REALLY want a "monkey spider"!!!!!!!!!!

Bruno

Arachnopeon
the "lichen stick" is an adult female of a Prisopus species (order Phasmatodea)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome Avicularia sp.! Never seen any with that coloration. Blue+yellow = awesome contrast! Wondering what species that was, shame those aren't in the hobby...

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
Awesome Avicularia sp.! Never seen any with that coloration. Blue+yellow = awesome contrast! Wondering what species that was, shame those aren't in the hobby...
Yea it was quite stunning, I think that one was a male....

the "lichen stick" is an adult female of a Prisopus species (order Phasmatodea)
Yea I knew it was a Phasmid, just wasn't sure th actual name of it. About 2.5" long or so. Thanks!

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am in love with the Aviculaira sp. The yellow bands really make it pop, kinda looks like a true A. metallica(joke). I wish we had these in the hobby. They are amazing.