my big phlogius Strennus and her sheep skull :)

Nathan1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey guys and gals, this is my BIG strenny and her sheep skull, yes the skull is real, yes i cleaned it very well lol...anyways, up until now she has just been living around the skull but she decided to move into it...she dont even fit!! she has "dug out" some weak parts of the skull and webbed up a whole lot of it, incuding completly over one of the eye sockets, this t, being the largest in my collection, and having one of the most unprodictible temprements, isnt the easyest T to get pics of, and i was gettin quite conserned after i took these pics as she backed out and sat there lookin at me ...so i stuck the lid on and left her alone...... ya cant really see her very well so i hav also put a old pic of her up

this one is threw the back of the eye socket of the skull

thanks
Nathan

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Cool pics...I find and clean skulls also.
i find however long i leave th bones to dry out, they still end up smelling real bad after a couple months due to the humidaty in the enclosure!
Do you also find this or do you do something else to the bones first?

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i find however long i leave th bones to dry out, they still end up smelling real bad after a couple months due to the humidaty in the enclosure!
Do you also find this or do you do something else to the bones first?
I don't keep my skulls in T enclosures. If you're gonna attempt to do so then it'd probably have to be a really dry enclosure...Like G. Rosea or OBT. Remember to remove all the skin and soak the skull with water and peroxide (for a real clean white look). Make sure that brain cavity is clear! Let air dry for a long while in the sun. I also put a coat of clear shellac on my skulls (for a nice shine) but I'm not entirely sure that it's safe for Ts, probably only in non-humid tanks.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Spiderworld _ the one thing I do see in the petshops are those fake skulls - can look interesting in the right setup.
No mould/smell etc from those.

PS Thanks for the PM , will call you.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Spiderworld _ the one thing I do see in the petshops are those fake skulls - can look interesting in the right setup.
No mould/smell etc from those.

PS Thanks for the PM , will call you.
Yip! they made by my mate PINK PYTHON in PTA! i use and i sell their products!
Cool call me!

Nathan1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cheers everyone,

yea i went threw a long process of washing with water, then bleach, then cleaning off any parts i thought were bad, then washing it again, took some time but i happy with it, and it doesnt smell

Nathan1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehe yea :)

i will dilute it next time, this was mostly a experiment ;) but there isnt weight on it so it dont matter to much that its brittle, she seemed to like it beeing brittle, made it easyer for her to dig out the bits she didnt like lol

thanks
Nathan