My beetle friends

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
This year I have made several beetle friends. This is a fig eater I found on a geranium after flying into someone’s head. I ran to the garden and grabbed a strawberry. I will wait to find a ten lined June beetle

Attachments

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
This year I have made several beetle friends. This is a fig eater I found on a geranium after flying into someone’s head. I ran to the garden and grabbed a strawberry. I will wait to find a ten lined June beetle
I found one of those last year...
after my dog made it "unable to fly'
I gave it food until he die but he couldn't mate because he couldnt fly

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Oh. Sorry for the beetle. My animals would hunt every animal I had if they had a chance so it’s sad when they get a wild one. I want to breed these beetles someday and try to get grubs because it’s like a legal replacement for a harlequin or African fruit beetle.

Snailientologist

Arachnosquire
I tried to raise a figeater beetle larva last year but it never came out of pupation. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
How did you get the flake soil in the mix. I think I’ll collect native wood cause I made flake soil and messed up. I’ll do it like beetle breeding Daniel Ambuehl. Hope I didn’t mess up his name but I love his beetle videos. Very informative and cool.