MY BEATLE HAS GONE CUCKOOOOOO

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
Shes flying all over the place and running like she being chased with pesticide..... I believe she could be tryna mate idk how do I stop this buzzy loud peica work IMG_20200408_091038325.jpg

DARAPTOR

Arachnopeon
I haven't actually had a Goliath but you might be right about her trying to mate. Or sometimes they just move around, nothing to worry.

I think @BepopCola could help

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
The buzzin is loud lmao.... I managed to get her to chill she's like this rn Eatin some banana yayy no more flying and also she can't fly very well xR keeps crashing into furniture IMG_20200408_093555300.jpg

DARAPTOR

Arachnopeon
Probably trying to mate. Most bugs try to make a mating sound, like buzzing

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Happens to me sometimes with adults, the males pursue the females, attempt to mate with them and the females freak out. Nothing to worry about or can be done really, just calm her down if it happens. How large is your enclosure?

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
These are day active beetles and they fly around quite a bit, don’t think you need to worry about it.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Got a few dozen species around here. It's that time of year. Mate and die and they don't pay much attention to day or night towards the end. I'd venture a guess females act with more urgency and less attention to time as they have to make an egg chamber.