My Ball Python Fred

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've had Fred for 10 years and he has been a great pet. He is just over 5' and finished a big shed while I was at the beach. Here a few photos of him.

Here is the shed.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Fred is gorgeous.
Thanks, it seems like I have had him forever. He is very easy to care for. Hands down the easiest pet as far as care is concerned. He is very laid back and has never caused any issues. My nephews and nieces love to come over and pet/hold him. They are pretty fond of Ringo(my bearded dragon) as well.

It was a bit tough getting those photos by myself. He tried to crawl off every time I sat him down. Finally, I just let him wrap up my arm and sit there. Then I took the photos with one hand. :rolleyes:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
He actually doesn't seem that long in the photo of him wrapped on your arm, but it sure shows in the shed photos.
I do love snakes, but I love rats more. I couldn't have anyone who would have to eat rodents. I do really love snakes, though. They are such fascinating creatures and one of the most misunderstood.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My niece has a beardie and he is pretty fabulous. He can be a bit cranky sometimes (never to the point of biting, but puffs his little throat out), but he is such an awesome little guy. She spoils him rotten.
I bought him for her birthday present one year - over a decade ago.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I have never owned rats but I had a roommate in college that had two. They were ok but not really my thing. I imagine it goes back to farm life and how we were brought up. Rodents in the hay/grain barns could cause a lot of damage thus our farm cats were hunters.

He doesn't look big when he is wrapped up. When he balls up you can hold him in open hands. When he stretches out though you can see it.

They are very calm pet and easy to work with.

Beardies are pretty cool. I got mine as a kinda rescue. The kid was neglecting him and they parents were kinda taking care of him. I picked him up from them intending to send him to a friend who wanted one. The friend decided he wasn't as sold as he made out and I ended up with him. He is a great pet but is a lot more work to keep up then Fred is.

It's cool to hear that her's is doing so well. That is a long stretch for a beardie.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's a big boy you got there. He's just a little bit smaller than my lady bp that's a few years younger than him.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That's a big boy you got there. He's just a little bit smaller than my lady bp that's a few years younger than him.
Thanks, he is a respectable size. He has a decent girth as well though it's hard to tell from the photos.